DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 Launch Event And Order Status!

There was something interesting about my BB purchase…the box had been opened, but everything inside was still unopened. there was also a Mavic 3 in the Display case…So what I’m guessing happened is that BB received a Display model and a Flymore package. They might have accidentally started to put my Flymore model in the display case til they realized they also had a Display model.

My M3 already had 4 props mounted on it, and there were 8 more props in the box. I pulled everything out to inspect in the store, and the bondage strap was unfastened but other than that everything was intact and unopened.

There was something interesting about my BB purchase…the box had been opened, but everything inside was still unopened. there was also a Mavic 3 in the Display case…So what I’m guessing happened is that BB received a Display model and a Flymore package. They might have accidentally started to put my Flymore model in the display case til they realized they also had a Display model.

My M3 already had 4 props mounted on it, and there were 8 more props in the box. I pulled everything out to inspect in the store, and the bondage strap was unfastened but other than that everything was intact and unopened.
Doesnt sound good to me. It might be mint, but you are still obligated to get a brand new unopened drone box

Reactions: Acees40love
I've been through this many times with new product releases from DJI. They create a label and provide a tracking number so you think it's on it's way fast then FedEx screws around like always and takes weeks bumbling and stumbling to get around to delivering it. Everyone should get comfy and find something to keep their minds occupied because their M3 ain't getting here anytime soon, trust me.

Last thing I had shipped via FedEx left a location about 5 miles from where I was in Denver, went to Wyoming for a few days, then to 15 miles from where I was in Denver, and finally, 7 days later, showed up at the Denver location I wanted it shipped to.

Very interesting, I ordered the drone directly in the night at 03:40. The same day, the drone was transported to the DHL centre in Rotterdam. That means, drone was already in europe!!!!

On Friday night, the Mavic 3 arrived at the international DHL Express centre in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. from out there, the package is usually will arrive Frankfurt within 1 hour. Then it will be transferred to local DHL Hub in Frankfurt during the night and handed over by express driver at the front door at around 09:00 am next morning.

I called a friend at DHL and he started an internal investigation. He said that DJI's delivery centre for Europe is in the Netherlands and that the agreed delivery date is 12th of november. He said that the shipments from DHL may only arrive at the end customers on 12th November. Considering this, my shipment will only be sent to Frankfurt on 11th November and then delivered on 12th November. It doesn't seem to be a problem that the shipments only arrive on 12th November.

so, be patient.

Best

Attachments

• DJI-MAVI3-Order.jpg
    DJI-MAVI3-Order.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 7
Got the drone this morning. Ordered on DJI website after the launch event Thursday night. Shipped Friday, arrived at my local UPS Hub on Sat and sat there until this morning and delivered.

Attachments

• 32095EEB-0352-4A42-818B-AAA5D6B3B29F.jpeg
    32095EEB-0352-4A42-818B-AAA5D6B3B29F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Drone Master
Got mine yesterday at 11AM via FedEx. Ordered from Drone Nerds Thursday at 10:30PM.

I've been through this many times with new product releases from DJI. They create a label and provide a tracking number so you think it's on it's way fast then FedEx screws around like always and takes weeks bumbling and stumbling to get around to delivering it. Everyone should get comfy and find something to keep their minds occupied because their M3 ain't getting here anytime soon, trust me.
Not to mention with the state FedEx is currently in, we'll be lucky if they show up at all. 😂 The last 3 orders I've made for random things were all shipped FedEx; FedEx then "lost" all three and the orders had to be reshipped.

I ordered the fly more combo friday night 03.30 (Europe time) and the drone was delivered Monday 8th November with DHL. Very satisfied so far. I also ordered the new smart controller, that's still on its way.

Reactions: Acees40love
Delivery status updated this morning to include Lantau Island. So maybe I'll see it next week. I've never been treated with such indifference by a company before DJI. $5368.00 ordered within the first 60 seconds of when the page refreshed during the live release event and then it sits, not moving for a full 7 days while people all around me who ordered it much much later already have theirs in their hands.

Canned responses from customer service with no action.

I'm truly, eagerly anticipating the day a competitor with better customer care brings something great into the marketplace. I so badly want to dump DJI. But their technology is second to none so I'm forced to endure the mistreatment.

Argh!

I ordered my RC-Remote this morning. Ordered my M3 Fly More Combo on the November 8.
M3 FM $3,230.69 + RC-Remote $1,294.92 = $4,525.51.

My M3 was scheduled to be delivered today but yesterday they updated that there is a delay with my shipment. No updates on when I should expect delivery.

KG4HMIA.jpg

hrKz0HZ.jpg

Cancelled my order with them, and picked up a M3FMC at Best Buy yesterday. First flight will be today. And I learned about the Tripltek monitor yesterday. Given how locked down the first SC was, I am concerned about the new one being in the same state (on top of only being made to support one or two models). So I'll save some $$ and get this instead of the RC Pro I think. If DJI had shipped when they said they did, they would have had more of my money - both from a direct sale as well as the RC Pro.

Reactions: zeusfl and Czechvar
Cancelled my order with them, and picked up a M3FMC at Best Buy yesterday. First flight will be today. And I learned about the Tripltek monitor yesterday. Given how locked down the first SC was, I am concerned about the new one being in the same state (on top of only being made to support one or two models). So I'll save some $$ and get this instead of the RC Pro I think. If DJI had shipped when they said they did, they would have had more of my money - both from a direct sale as well as the RC Pro.
If I was you, I would buy the SC. You know you will enjoy using it, that is why you ordered it in the first place. It will be short in supply soon and you can get back atleast $1,000 any time you choose to sell it within next year.

I ordered the RC-Pro today. If I do not like it that much, I will sell it. But I doubt I will since I really enjoyed a lot having the first SC for my M2P.

If I was you, I would buy the SC. You know you will enjoy using it, that is why you ordered it in the first place. It will be short in supply soon and you can get back atleast $1,000 any time you choose to sell it within next year.

I ordered the RC-Pro today. If I do not like it that much, I will sell it. But I doubt I will since I really enjoyed a lot having the first SC for my M2P.

I am holding off on that decision until I see how the Tripltek works out. The SC for the M2P was great for what it did, but still felt limited with the dumb hoops you had to jump through to get something like Litchi on board. I do like having everything right at my fingertips, but for $400 less, the Tripltek seems like a winner. It deserves a fair chance instead of blind brand loyalty (something which DJI is not rewarding well these days).

I am holding off on that decision until I see how the Tripltek works out. The SC for the M2P was great for what it did, but still felt limited with the dumb hoops you had to jump through to get something like Litchi on board. I do like having everything right at my fingertips, but for $400 less, the Tripltek seems like a winner. It deserves a fair chance instead of blind brand loyalty (something which DJI is not rewarding well these days).

I don't understand Tripltek fascination.
I use Samsung S21 Ultra - it has 942 nits and is a great phone too. More expensive than Tripltek, but screensize is fine, and less things to carry and charge. I tried Samsung A7 10" tablet - but it was too big. 8" may be the sweet spot.

I got mine yesterday as well from my local BestBuy. FMC, also ordered the DJI RC Pro. That one is scheduled for delivery on December 1.

I don't understand Tripltek fascination.
I use Samsung S21 Ultra - it has 942 nits and is a great phone too. More expensive than Tripltek, but screensize is fine, and less things to carry and charge. I tried Samsung A7 10" tablet - but it was too big. 8" may be the sweet spot.
S21 Ultra is about 450 nits sustained (900 peak that last 1 minute) tripltek 1200 nits sustained

S21 Ultra is about 450 nits sustained (900 peak that last 1 minute) tripltek 1200 nits sustained

Huh, interesting. There is "game mode" for apps - I added DJI Fly there - may it now does 900 nits for longer if I am running DJI Fly ? Cause in full sun direct on screen - picture not ideal, but very usable. If I turn my back to sun and look at the screen in my own shadow - it's totally fine.

The problem with smartphones including iPads and I am talking by experience, is that in direct sunlight like in Florida the screen overheats and starts dimming up to the point that it shut down until it cools down, in apple devices it says the screen is too hot and they shut off.

This happened to me multiple times with iPhones and my 2 iPads. That's when you appreciate the Smart Controller, Cristalsky, or dedicated devices like the Tripltek

I ordered, through Amazon, the FlyMore bundle. Just over $3200, delivery date Nov.18. 13 days out from order date. Was hoping I could use my SC. I recently bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max, and I might use it with a hood. I will be watching closely early impressions of the 4/3 still results. I am a photographer and don’t care about video.
Can you let me know how the shutter lag is? I'm a photographer also and deal with the inconsistent shutter lag on the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom gimbals right now.

Can you let me know how the shutter lag is? I'm a photographer also and deal with the inconsistent shutter lag on the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom gimbals right now.
Will do. UPS now says it will be delivered Monday, 3 days earlier than originally quoted. With my M2P I sometimes don't really know if there is a lag because all I have to go by is the artificial clicking sound the controller makes. How are you judging it? Maybe shooting moving objects? I do mostly landscape shots so I haven't had a big problem. I will find a car or something and test it..... it will be fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54