DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 Launch Event And Order Status!

I received my M3 FMC tonight at 9:10pm. I had already lost hope of it getting delivered today since UPS tracking said it would be delivered by 7pm tonight. But it was over 2 hours late. I am glad I finally got it. I am not ready to open it yet. I will open it after I receive my RC-Pro coming through FedEx from Hong Kong. Who knows what day it will get here.
cC7s4rh.jpg

sAcCDPX.jpg

Ordered the Cine on launch day, originally scheduled for delivery on the 19th November to the UK, had an email this morning saying shipment will be delayed and here is a £10 coupon for the inconvenience 😂. I would imagine it's to do with the RC Pro. Gutting really as I had some jobs coming up soon that would really benefit using the M3. No idea when it will arrive now 😞

So my Mavic cine was ordered on the 5th direct from DJI. Like many others, it "shipped" a few days later, but didn't show actual shipping info till about the 8th.

On the 12th it arrived in Alaska and that is where it gets weird. It supposedly cleared customs, but the location never showed any other scan except Anchorage.

Delivery was estimated as today by 1pm, which came and went, then it changed to "end of day" which came and went. When I called FedEx, the customer service, the folks insisted it was just a weather delay, but when I asked them where the package was right now, they both dodged (called at 1pm when the first window came and went and again tonight at 8, both phone support guys seemed evasive when I asked where the last scan was they saw).

Second guy opened an escalation since the page STILL shows it in Anchorage and delivery estimate of today, while simultaneously saying it is now "delayed."

So what happens if FedEx loses it? Who do I have to deal with, DJI or FedEx?

Edit: so it showed up at 9:30am today! Of course I was mid zoom meeting and had to run outside like a crazy person. Staring at the box while on zoom...

Last edited:
I realize there are horror stories of all kinds regarding every shipper but in the past month I have had three especially bad situations with FedEx. In the end it really boiled down to their lack of staffing (either from the virus, being a bad company to work for or some other combination of factors). And this resulted in delays for two P1 overnight packages and a 2-day air package. The tracking info is totally unreliable and you are totally at their mercy. It took over a week for the P1 packages to be delivered. Hopefully you get the drone tomorrow. But worst case be prepared to wait a while.

Here is the status of my order as of this morning:
Thu 11/4/2021 7:35 PM
Order Number 00183067xxxxx
Order Time 2021-11-05 02:34:37 (UTC)

Fri 11/5/2021 2:29 AM
【DJI Store】Order: 00183067xxxxx Shipped

Friday, November 5, 2021
10:01 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Sat 11/6/2021 9:52 PM
【DJI Store】Order: 00183067xxxxx Delivered

Nov 7, 2021, 19:19 GMT+8
DJI Customer Support (Support)
We understand that you have received notification that your recent purchase from our official online store was already delivered but you still have not received the package. Upon checking our database, with order number 00183067xxxxx, we can see that it is still for shipment.

Wed 11/10/2021 10:07 PM
FedEx Shipment 9420795xxxxx: Your package is on its way
SHIP DATE Thu 11/11/2021 12:27 PM
ORIGIN SHATIN, GU, HK, 280

Thursday, November 11, 2021
12:27 PM SHATIN HK Picked up Package received after FedEx cutoff
1:05 PM SHATIN HK Left FedEx origin facility
6:44 PM LANTAU ISLAND HK In transit
11:16 AM ANCHORAGE, AK International shipment release - Import
12:41 PM ANCHORAGE, AK Arrived at FedEx hub
1:30 PM ANCHORAGE, AK In transit

Saturday, November 13, 2021
2:49 AM ANCHORAGE, AK Departed FedEx hub
9:58 AM RENO, NV In transit
10:41 AM OAKLAND, CA Arrived at FedEx hub

Scheduled delivery: Thursday, 11/18/2021 before 1:00 pm

So my Mavic cine was ordered on the 5th direct from DJI. Like many others, it "shipped" a few days later, but didn't show actual shipping info till about the 8th.

On the 12th it arrived in Alaska and that is where it gets weird. It supposedly cleared customs, but the location never showed any other scan except Anchorage.

Delivery was estimated as today by 1pm, which came and went, then it changed to "end of day" which came and went. When I called FedEx, the customer service, the folks insisted it was just a weather delay, but when I asked them where the package was right now, they both dodged (called at 1pm when the first window came and went and again tonight at 8, both phone support guys seemed evasive when I asked where the last scan was they saw).

Second guy opened an escalation since the page STILL shows it in Anchorage and delivery estimate of today, while simultaneously saying it is now "delayed."

So what happens if FedEx loses it? Who do I have to deal with, DJI or FedEx?

Edit: so it showed up at 9:30am today! Of course I was mid zoom meeting and had to run outside like a crazy person. Staring at the box while on zoom...

Friday, November 5, 2021

We understand that you have received notification that your recent purchase from our official online store was already delivered but you still have not received the package. Upon checking our database, with order number 00183067xxxxx, we can see that it is still for shipment.

So ordering from DJI, the delivery is around two weeks from shipping? I ordered the Cine from DJI on 11/11 and status says to ship on 12/6/21.

thanks

Friday, November 5, 2021

My Cine is there in Oakland as well. Very unimpressed with DJI AND FedEx.

So much for that 3-5 business days promise. If we're lucky and they really deliver it will be 10 business days.

Well, at least DJI is consistent with the worst customer service in the industry. Did everyone else complain for their free credits and battery?

Package still sitting in Oakland x 5 days with no movement. This will be the very last time I order direct from DJI during a live unveiling. They must have such contempt for us to use FedEx. Ordered Nov 4th within 60 seconds of becoming available. Now it's been two weeks and counting. BB or Amazon next time.

Reactions: Mharz
The Cine is a hot item right now. I'm experiencing the same as the rest regarding long delays in HK and Oakland, but to be honest I don't think you would have received the Cine any sooner from BB or Amazon. Probably even a longer delay from what I'm currently seeing. It's painful but hold tight, they will get here soon.

Current activity from last night:

Arrived in Philadelphia PA sorting facility
Departed Memphis TN
Arrived in Memphis TN
Departed from Oakland CA

Getting close.

The Cine is a hot item right now. I'm experiencing the same as the rest regarding long delays in HK and Oakland, but to be honest I don't think you would have received the Cine any sooner from BB or Amazon. Probably even a longer delay from what I'm currently seeing. It's painful but hold tight, they will get here soon.

Current activity from last night:

Arrived in Philadelphia PA sorting facility
Departed Memphis TN
Arrived in Memphis TN
Departed from Oakland CA

Getting close.
Have you seen how many received theirs already? Even many who ordered long after? It's shocking.

I ordered the cine from DJI.com on 11/11 and order status says to be shipped 12/6. Looking at DJI.com it if ordered today it has the estimated delivery date as 12/1. I have never ordered from DJI.com before. Wondering if the one I ordered will ship sooner than the 12/6 date considering it shows delivery dates of 12/1 if ordered today.

I'm not sure why I didn't see this before but the obvious is now right in front of me. DJI did a bulk Inteenational Priority Direct Distribution shipment of multiple M3 Cine units in order to save on shipping. So they waited until numbers were sufficient to fill a block or pallet And then sent them out. It appears it took about a week after the release for That number to be satisfied. So in the meantime, we all had to wait while those numbers came up before FedEx was going to pick it up at all. Pretty cheap of them when you consider the colossal price and profit margin for the Cine.

• Sad
Reactions: zeusfl
I really, really wish companies would say "screw FedEx" and just stick with UPS. Your mileage may vary, but I've had a much, much better experience over the years with UPS, including customer service. FedEx is such an incompetent grift.

Reactions: Hugabeen
I'm not sure why I didn't see this before but the obvious is now right in front of me. DJI did a bulk Inteenational Priority Direct Distribution shipment of multiple M3 Cine units in order to save on shipping. So they waited until numbers were sufficient to fill a block or pallet And then sent them out. It appears it took about a week after the release for That number to be satisfied. So in the meantime, we all had to wait while those numbers came up before FedEx was going to pick it up at all. Pretty cheap of them when you consider the colossal price and profit margin for the Cine.
I imagine they did that with the FMCs too. The one I cancelled showed up the day after I left town. Had a neighbor send it back. Picked my FMC up from Best Buy when it became obvious DJI was lying to me about the ship date. I'll never order direct from them again. Bonus - getting like $150 in Best Buy $$ for being a rewards member.

Reactions: Hugabeen
I ordered the Mavic 3 direct from DJI on 11/07 and it arrived on 11/16. Well worth the wait!

Attachments

• 20211119_071418.jpg
    20211119_071418.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211119_070352-NEW.jpg
    20211119_070352-NEW.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 9
Drone Nerds is an official DJI store, and based out of Florida. Depending on where you live, there's no sales tax, and they ship FedEx the next day. I always deal with Bernardo who is great. I saved a ton by buying open box.

Well I bought my MM pro 3 on May 11th. Day after the release from the DJI web site. Paid in full with PayPal. Got my receipt. They sent me a email. But I’ve heard zero. Big goose egg about when it will be shipped. If this was big deal for DJI of the release of this new drone. Wouldn’t they have started stock piling the new drones awhile ago? At least they could tell me , hey, your drone is back ordered until XYZ date. But nothing at all.
New to DJ I huh 😀
Well Wecome to the forum 👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne