DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 lost in forrest

I feel badly for the OP to lose that amazing drone. Hopefully the excellent guidance provided above will lead to recovery.

It is easy with my M3 for me to become over confident of its ability to work through obstacles, but have already experienced it getting stuck in a pocket of tree branches. My practice now is to back up a few feet and go up as soon as there is clearance.

I have had an older drone go down with a failed battery in a forested area near a Lucky Peak,ID. Fortunately for me it found a clearing to land. I always fly with 3 strobes which made recovery much easier. It is a small investment to protect you with this kind of loss.

I am hoping the OP has good luck with a recovery.
Hi JoelIP

Thanks for your infos; what strobes are you using and where could I buy them ?

Kind Regards
p-51d

Hi LA 2020

Thanks for your lines; I had a look on the web about "MARCO POLO ADVANCED DRONE TRACKING SYSTEM".
In Europe they don't sell this finder. Where did you buy it to what price ? ( at AMAZON it is sold out )

Best Regards
p-51d
I got mine here Advanced Drone Category | Marco Polo | Tracking and Recovery Solutions $275 is expensive for sure but not to save a $2500 drone and if you are on a job or vacation it may save that too. The beauty is it is not dependent on 4G or GPS it's the only one I could find that was self contained. Takes a little practice but just test it at home first

I use a Marco Polo finder system. It doesn't depend on GPS or cell signal, it's self contained. I just velcro the receiver (very light) to the top of the drone when I'm in an area at high risk of losing it
Seems odd that 2 and 3 drone systems are made available, when (like a strobe) one can simply Velcro the transmitter to whatever drone a pilot is flying.
It’d certainly be a very worthwhile investment for the more expensive drones or for work related use.
I’ve also found it hard to find retailers with stock in the past, maybe demand is high and products dribbles through from time to time.

Hi LA 2020

Thanks for your lines; I had a look on the web about "MARCO POLO ADVANCED DRONE TRACKING SYSTEM".
In Europe they don't sell this finder. Where did you buy it to what price ? ( at AMAZON it is sold out )

Best Regards
p-51d
I have one that is available.

I know you asked the other user, but I recommended Firehouse Technology Strobes. Great stuff, combined with Phantomrains' wetsuits and rescue jackets, great protection for your drone.

What happened to this thread…did I lose the end? Did he find his MA3?

Hi Romulus

Thanks for your input with protection tipps...

Best Regards

p-51d
The beeper worked for me, but how long does it last on battery? I lost my new Mavic 3 in the forrest in Hawaii over the weekend. So I immediately activated Find my drone, the map appeared, the loud beeping started, and I followed the map to the point where the beep was loudest. At the loudest point I realized the beep was coming from directly above in the top of a tree, so I shook it untill it fell into my arms. So my question is, how long does the beeper last at 50% battery? Without a loud beeper, after the battery dies, there would be no happy ending to report for this story.

Based on the time when our Mavic 3 Forced Landed on a roof and showed Transmission thru the lens for about 6 hours. Given that I would say about 2 to 3 more hours if not a little more.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on Roofs. lol

Based on the time when our Mavic 3 Forced Landed on a roof and showed Transmission thru the lens for about 6 hours. Given that I would say about 2 to 3 more hours if not a little more.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on Roofs. lol
Thanks. I gotta say, that beep was the sweetest sound my ears have ever heard as I was crawling through the dense jungle towards it. It eventually led me right to it. Like a beacon in the night.

Thanks. I gotta say, that beep was the sweetest sound my ears have ever heard as I was crawling through the dense jungle towards it. It eventually led me right to it. Like a beacon in the night.
Keep in mind that those flashing lights that go with the beep , really help at night , that is how I found mine was the flashing light.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000