DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 now supports Waypoint Flights with DJY Fly App release 1.9

I
Hello everybody,

Some minutes ago DJI released version 1.9 of their DJI Fly App. According release notes the app supports now waypoint flights with the DJI Mavic 3.

Good news and worth a test…

So this week not only brings C1-label ordering process for european customers, but also waypoint flights…

Regards,
Florian
just looked at the DJI site and could not find the new version listed in the downloads

Well there's a coincidence! I just received my new Mini 3 Pro and when I turned everything on it offered this upgrade, which I obviously accepted. Unfortunately it started raining just as I was about to take off.

[Edit] Of course if I had read the title of this thread I wouldn't have wasted ages searching for the waypoint function on my Mini 3 Pro.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mrveronn
its in the App Store just downloaded it to my I pad ,will see if it appears when i start my Mini3 with the DJI RC later

there is a firmware update for the DJI RC and it is the version 1.9.0
it adds support for the mini 3 just released, and the ability to download offline maps,for when there is no internet connection if you touch connection guide box at the right bottom of the screen then it now lists the Mini 3 as well as the mini 3 pro and if you select a drone that is not paired to the RC currently ,then you will get a message saying that there is a firmware update required for that drone model so you would need to do that before you could fly

Anyone know if you can pre-plan waypoints on the controller/app prior to doing a waypoints Hyperlapse?
Yes, just saw a couple of videos on YouTube, you can set up a mission in advance just using the controller and map.

Reactions: bravezoo63
Now I wonder if I should be foolish and buy a 3, or just wait and see if they do the repectable thing and drop it for the 2 series as well...🤔

Now I wonder if I should be foolish and buy a 3, or just wait and see if they do the repectable thing and drop it for the 2 series as well...🤔
That is fantastic. It was the one thing I really missed in selling my Mavic 2 Pro where I could pre-program a waypoints mission at my desk using Google map and then go out and do the mission. I am charging everything up now to download the new update. Do I have to update the aircraft, the DJI Fly App , the RC Pro controller, or all, or what?????

Dale

That is fantastic. It was the one thing I really missed in selling my Mavic 2 Pro where I could pre-program a waypoints mission at my desk using Google map and then go out and do the mission. I am charging everything up now to download the new update. Do I have to update the aircraft, the DJI Fly App , the RC Pro controller, or all, or what?????

Dale

Dale

Dale
I would imagine just fire up both and download the update, and it should take care of both the app and the aircraft if applicable, im not positive though.

Jeff

Reactions: crlmjohnson

Dale
I just turned the drone on and the controller on and went into settings of fly app and did the check for updates. Both the rc and the drone were updated at the same time.

Do I have to update the aircraft, the DJI Fly App , the RC Pro controller, or all, or what?????

Dale
There is an update to the Fly App and a Firmware update to the Mavic 3, and on my RC Pro there seemed to be a brief update that was different from the normal firmware update that I get when I switch aircraft, so yes definitely on the App and the M3 and possibly on the RC Pro. If you just use your RC Pro and fire up the Fly App with the M3 connected everything should update. Just let it go through the process. I think my App and M3 restarted at least twice during the process.

Chris

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I just turned the drone on and the controller on and went into settings of fly app and did the check for updates. Both the rc and the drone were updated at the same time.
Zen- NOT for ME! Read my submission in tomorrows's forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3