DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 now supports Waypoint Flights with DJY Fly App release 1.9

But that said-
A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.

If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home.
on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.

My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200.

anyone else have this issue or has anyone else been successfully able to plan a mission from home?
This one?

Is which region is the altitude limit 1000m active? Got the updates but see 500m. Limit. Im in europe.

Last edited:
But that said-
A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.

If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home.
on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.

My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200.

anyone else have this issue or has anyone else been successfully able to plan a mission from home?
C1 and + button olnly work in flight. You need to touch the map with your finger to "plant" a new waypoint and go from there..

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thank you sir!!
Ok forum members. Thanks for the the help! Updated my app to 1.9.0 and problem solved. Just did a quick short mission and all seems to be working! Family calling, so have to put the bird away for now but anxious to play around some more. The first thing I'll be looking at is how to straighten out between waypoints, instead of the sweeping out and then turn. I'm grateful for this forum and the amount of information available!

M3C + RC

Initialized drone and rc as normal
Checked for updates
Connected to wifi
Installed update
Trism trasm tresem drone
time for update to come home
All systems normal.
Waypoint icon added
artworks-000605731930-1ql21b-t500x500.jpg

Baseball term.. You're next at bat! Im just saying that hopefully they have the Mini3pro on the waypoint radar...
Ok, hopes lol. Well I hope they do the rest of them in between the M2P and M3. Because it seems like we were left out and abandoned. It went from the M2P, then left out was the Mini, Mini 2, then the Air series. Looks like we got the lemons in the middle of it all. Leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Reactions: Peio64270
as far as the waypoints are concerned ,the Mini 3 pro does not have sideways facing sensors ,so that fact alone could prevent it from being Waypoint compatible
'and before you all jump on me about the earlier mavics like my MPP ,yes it is capable of flying a waypoint mission ,but only after the mission has been flown first ,not preplanning the route using a map

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
as far as the waypoints are concerned ,the Mini 3 pro does not have sideways facing sensors ,so that fact alone could prevent it from being Waypoint compatible
'and before you all jump on me about the earlier mavics like my MPP ,yes it is capable of flying a waypoint mission ,but only after the mission has been flown first ,not preplanning the route using a map
Actually it does with Litchi and the other models (Mini series, Air series) had the SDK released so it would be possible with Litchi if it isn't with the Fly app. No idea why the side sensors would make a difference. Didn't matter with the Phantom series and MPP. According to DJI it was a hardware problem of no way to store the mission within the drone because of storage space. Not side sensors. Not sure how you came up with that.
I'll leave this at that since I don't want to derail the topic. Congrats on the waypoints.

Last edited:
C1 and + button olnly work in flight. You need to touch the map with your finger to "plant" a new waypoint and go from there..
Yes - did that. Both ways.
But - no Waypoint appears visible on the map. Only the "1,2,3" etc icons in the setup menu

Actually it does with Litchi and the other models (Mini series, Air series) had the SDK released so it would be possible with Litchi if it isn't with the Fly app. No idea why the side sensors would make a difference. Didn't matter with the Phantom series and MPP. According to DJI it was a hardware problem of no way to store the mission within the drone because of storage space. Not side sensors. Not sure how you came up with that.
I'll leave this at that since I don't want to derail the topic. Congrats on the waypoints.
my reasoning behind my post ,was that without sideways sensors ,if a pre-planned mission was being flown ,and there was an obstacle along the route that was not taken into consideration,then the drone would not be able to avoid it because it had no sensors to detect it but thanks for your reply

Reactions: Tufargon
My question is how soon it will be possible to pre-program a Mavic 3 Pro waypoint mission for mapping a wooded area while sitting at home and doing it on a high-resolution map, ie. through Litchi. I was pretty furious with DJI for not having this capability when I was accustomed to having it on my previous Mavic 2 Pro. The very recent waypoint update has me hopeful. But will there be a SDK eventually? I continue to wait, and can't really afford to upgrade to a 3E right now. And can't return my M3P because I got rid of the packaging. Stupid me.

Pretty nice. Some things to figure out or maybe a bit of "hokeyness" going on. First attempt video did not start at waypoint one. Second attempt was fine. I have C1 programmed for cruise control and the waypoints did not want to set with C1. Using C1 for cruise control took a few presses before it engaged. No show stoppers, just a few things to play with. The new update did reset a few presets but that was pretty obvious and easy to fix. Got some real nice footage although I was a bad pilot. Checked the weather after the flight. Bad, Bad, Bad. Cloud ceiling at 548 AGL....... OooooPs. The footage was a tad froggy.

Pretty nice. Some things to figure out or maybe a bit of "hokeyness" going on. First attempt video did not start at waypoint one. Second attempt was fine. I have C1 programmed for cruise control and the waypoints did not want to set with C1. Using C1 for cruise control took a few presses before it engaged. No show stoppers, just a few things to play with. The new update did reset a few presets but that was pretty obvious and easy to fix. Got some real nice footage although I was a bad pilot. Checked the weather after the flight. Bad, Bad, Bad. Cloud ceiling at 548 AGL....... OooooPs. The footage was a tad froggy.
I also have C-1 set for cruise control. Hopefully that won’t mess things up. Because when we’re setting the way points, you’re not actually having any stick input, hopefully it won’t interfere. You say you did get it to work with the C1 button?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J