DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 now supports Waypoint Flights with DJY Fly App release 1.9

I also have C-1 set for cruise control. Hopefully that won’t mess things up. Because when we’re setting the way points, you’re not actually having any stick input, hopefully it won’t interfere. You say you did get it to work with the C1 button?
I never did. I got cruise control to work with the C1 button finally. I was able to get a different window up where I added waypoints with a little "+" icon on the screen.

do you know if it is possible to share a saved waypoint with other users ? if yes, in which folder is the file placed ? thanks

What an unexpected holiday gift! I downloaded v1.9 and flew 4 waypoint flights this afternoon and everything is working flawlessly. Waypoints has got to be a pretty complex piece of programming. Again, what a nice surprise. Bravo DJI.

What an unexpected holiday gift! I downloaded v1.9 and flew 4 waypoint flights this afternoon and everything is working flawlessly. Waypoints has got to be a pretty complex piece of programming. Again, what a nice surprise. Bravo DJI.
So did you test it while out flying or are you able to "Plan" a mission from home by tapping on the map?

I never did. I got cruise control to work with the C1 button finally. I was able to get a different window up where I added waypoints with a little "+" icon on the screen.
I've had no problem with Cruise control. Still getting used to my "Camera Down -90º" set now on C-2 after 8 years of having it on C-1....
Muscle Memory....

• Haha
Reactions: SmilingOgre
So did you test it while out flying or are you able to "Plan" a mission from home by tapping on the map?
Both.
You can create your own mission by recording while flying by pressing C1, online or offline while using the maps.

I've had no problem with Cruise control. Still getting used to my "Camera Down -90º" set now on C-2 after 8 years of having it on C-1....
Muscle Memory....
Wife is baking so I'm chopping nuts, getting eggs....... Too dark now so I'll try again tomorrow and see what I can figure out. I am really bonding to this drone.

Reactions: bravezoo63
I was able to plan out my waypoints and adjust each waypoint's settings by tapping on the map without my M3 powered up. I was also able to save my mission on the fly app without my M3 powered up. But adding a POI required my M3 to be powered up. The POI did save just fine with the waypoint mission. I use a RC-N1 controller.

Reactions: KAOS Imagery
But that said-
A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.

If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home.
on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.

My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200.

anyone else have this issue or has anyone else been successfully able to plan a mission from home?
You have to have your drone turned on for it to work - doesn't have to actually be in flight. I was a little confused at first until I realised that. Hope this helps.

Reactions: bravezoo63
You have to have your drone turned on for it to work - doesn't have to actually be in flight. I was a little confused at first until I realised that. Hope this helps.
Yep. Been there done that. Got the T-Shirt.
Tried all permutations.
But definitely tried several times :
- both drone and RC Pro on and connected
- hitting the Waypoint symbol
- tapping in map

Waypoint icons appear in the waypoint setup but NOT in the map itself.

Pretty sure I’m doing it correctly now.
But it ain’t workin’ ….

Yep. Been there done that. Got the T-Shirt.
Tried all permutations.
But definitely tried several times :
- both drone and RC Pro on and connected
- hitting the Waypoint symbol
- tapping in map

Waypoint icons appear in the waypoint setup but NOT in the map itself.

Pretty sure I’m doing it correctly now.
But it ain’t workin’ ….

I am not sure I understand...
"Waypoint icons appear in the waypoint setup, but NOT on the map itself"
When you call up a saved waypoint mission, I BELIEVE that is the only map you get. After you hit the green GO button the drone triangle proceeds from waypoint to waypoint and you see it in real time on your Waypoint map. I am working off a mobile device and RC-N1, but that SHOULDN'T make a difference.

By Waypoint setup I mean the menu at bottom of the screen, where you can adjust the options for each waypoint as in speed, altitude, camera angle, whether it points to the POI, or just following the path of the mission.
2F3E4604-EEBB-471A-B534-4E20F84CF19E.jpeg
But when you create a waypoint, there also is supposed to be a point actually on the map where you tap it.
(This isn’t my map. It’s a screenshot to show you what is NOT on my map…)
19AF2A8D-DBD6-46FD-9389-17013F6413D4.jpeg

That’s what doesn’t show. There’s no point on the map so I can’t tell if the point is where I want it to be nor does, it show the path to the next waypoint.
Each time I tap on the map, a new icon appears in the bottom set up menu, but nothing on the map itself. So I tested this created five or six waypoints , each time I tap on the map, a new icon would appear at the bottom. And I could tap on each one of those and adjust the options. But still there’s nothing on the map to show me the actual path I’m supposed to be flying. There’s no way to tell where your points are

Last edited:
By Waypoint setup I mean the menu at bottom of the screen, where you can adjust the options for each waypoint as in speed, altitude, camera angle, whether it points to the POI, or just following the path of the mission.
View attachment 158178
But when you create a waypoint, there also is supposed to be a point actually on the map where you tap it.
View attachment 158179

That’s what doesn’t show. There’s no point on the map so I can’t tell if the point is where I want it to be nor does, it show the path to the next waypoint.
Each time I tap on the map, a new icon appears in the bottom set up menu, but nothing on the map itself. So I tested this created five or six waypoints , each time I tap on the map, a new icon would appear at the bottom. And I could tap on each one of those and adjust the options. But still there’s nothing on the map to show me the actual path I’m supposed to be flying. There’s no way to tell where your points are
I see two waypoint icons on your map. But what you are explaining with additional non-posting icons sure sounds glitchy. I am sure you have already tried the usual re-booting, deleting and re-downloading of the firmware fixes?

Another thought... I have experienced something similar if my next waypoint is too close too the previous one. At least for me, it helped to enlarge the map then try again. So sorry you are experiencing this frustration.

I see two waypoint icons on your map. But what you are explaining with additional non-posting icons sure sounds glitchy. I am sure you have already tried the usual re-booting, deleting and re-downloading of the firmware fixes?
That wasn’t my map…
That was a screenshot from the YouTube video so I can show you what wasn’t there.

As of this morning - it now works!
Don't know why. Maybe the RC needed a good nights sleep...
But now it appears to work as it should. least for remote planning a Waypoint mission.

You should be able to share the kmz file from the folder as shown here (in greek)

Unfortunately, I don't understand Greek. However, am I to understand that the currently free DJI Flighthub 2, designed for the Enterprise drones, can now also be used with the Mavic 3 for planning Waypoint Missions? Even if not, what is the procedure (described in Greek) for sharing the resulting saved KMZ file from the folder? At exactly what point in the over one hour video timeline is this KMZ sharing procedure shown? Sure wish I understood Greek, because she is very easy on the eyes, even if I can't understand a thing she is saying! ;)

Reactions: jephoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851