Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 Photos & Spec Sheet of Normal, Fly More and Cine Version

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions

Interesting

dji-mavic-3-render-8-1-1000x563.jpg

dji-mavic-3-render-16-1-1000x563.jpg

Looks pretty well as expected, minus the dark grey/black color seen in some other leaks.

I am looking forward to those rear-mount batteries though - that design seems much better to me, particularly if you get caught off guard in some light rain or something.

Only days away now. My only fear is supply and demand , as I am thinking it will be sold out within weeks.

I also find it strange that none of the youtubers have one , which is why I am thinking such.

Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain coming soon.
Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Only days away now. My only fear is supply and demand , as I am thinking it will be sold out within weeks.

I also find it strange that none of the youtubers have one , which is why I am thinking such.
Any YouTuber who wants to continue to receive free review gear needs to comply with DJI's review embargos. It's very likely they have them already (they need time to prepare a thoughtful review), but aren't allowed to publish anything until November 5 (or whatever date DJI has set for the embargo to lift). This is pretty standard practice in the tech industry. All the popular/professional channels will be respecting this, and the unpopular channels aren't getting sent free Mavic 3's from DJI.

I am kind of disappointed that the cine package doesn't come with a standard remote too by the looks of it. Pretty much guarantees me going wit just fly more and maybe picking up a smart controller when I can.

There are situations where I want to fly with my phone. Wonder if I can link the Air2 smart controller to the drone as well...

So many questions, looking forward to some reviews. It is a lot of money either way and I am not gona buy before I get more info. Still wondering if the V2 FPV goggles will work with it too...

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Any YouTuber who wants to continue to receive free review gear needs to comply with DJI's review embargos. It's very likely they have them already (they need time to prepare a thoughtful review), but aren't allowed to publish anything until November 5 (or whatever date DJI has set for the embargo to lift). This is pretty standard practice in the tech industry. All the popular/professional channels will be respecting this, and the unpopular channels aren't getting sent free Mavic 3's from DJI.
To add to that, everyone released their videos on the new Ronin gimbal and camera literally the morning of the release.

I am kind of disappointed that the cine package doesn't come with a standard remote too by the looks of it. Pretty much guarantees me going wit just fly more and maybe picking up a smart controller when I can.

There are situations where I want to fly with my phone. Wonder if I can link the Air2 smart controller to the drone as well...

So many questions, looking forward to some reviews. It is a lot of money either way and I am not gona buy before I get more info. Still wondering if the V2 FPV goggles will work with it too...
There will likely be lots of folks buying one of the cheaper packages and adding the SC, so if you did buy the Cine package (assuming that's what you want), there will very likely be people selling off their regular remotes if they never intend to use them. You might be able to get something like that for relatively cheap.

The standard remote is also so big now that I don't think it would make sense for DJI to include both. If you have the SC, the standard controller + smartphone/tablet is bigger and more cumbersome.

Reactions: tlswift58
Going on 4 years and never used a gimbal guard as there to frustrating , and well,,,,,,, might be going on 5 years. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
mine goes on when I put it back in the case that's about it... if the wife lets me leave it out on the kitchen table it doesn't lol. BTW, got the battery covers thanks. find me.jpg

• Haha
I guess now we are waiting for confirmed prices. Also, I am hoping the new Smart Controller would be available as a stand alone accessory. But that may not happen for a while.

The base model will sell out same day it is available for purchase. I am sure AFFIRM will have thousands of people taking credit from them to purchase the drone and paying monthly with an interest of 29%.

The Cine will sell fast because of the new SC. Maybe it will be sold out in less than a week.

The last package to be sold out will be the Fly More combo.

I guess now we are waiting for confirmed prices. Also, I am hoping the new Smart Controller would be available as a stand alone accessory. But that may not happen for a while.

The base model will sell out same day it is available for purchase. I am sure AFFIRM will have thousands of people taking credit from them to purchase the drone and paying monthly with an interest of 29%.

The Cine will sell fast because of the new SC. Maybe it will be sold out in less than a week.

The last package to be sold out will be the Fly More combo.
Affirm, nothing but good things to say about that company, was not aware they made the offering , good to know.

Im wondering what is the price of the old SC going to come down to. The only bomb is the new SC might now work with the entire fleet of drones.

I dont think there will be time to get all the answers before I make the purchase , its going to be a scramble.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain ,

Affirm, nothing but good things to say about that company, was not aware they made the offering , good to know.

Im wondering what is the price of the old SC going to come down to. The only bomb is the new SC might now work with the entire fleet of drones.

I dont think there will be time to get all the answers before I make the purchase , its going to be a scramble.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain ,
All you people thinking there will be a supply crunch... these are not GFX cards or PS5's there may be but i hope im wrong.

All you people thinking there will be a supply crunch... these are not GFX cards or PS5's there may be but i hope im wrong.
It comes down to the containers getting here not the supply , , here is a reminder of what is happening and i believe the number is over 15 thousand containers waiting to port just in California alone.

Maybe DJI can I get around this , ??

2021-10-26_01h05_59.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

Last edited:
It comes down to the containers getting here not the supply , , here is a reminder of what is happening and i believe the number is over 15 thousand containers waiting to port just in California alone.

Maybe DJI can I get around this , ??

View attachment 137210
I don't disagree with you there, we shall see.

I have given a lot to DJI in the last 3 years... I am going to wait for reviews with so much stuff coming out.

Even with the V2 goggles, people could get them after a few months.

Well, I guess this settles my question of whether or not the new Smart Controller comes with the Fly More kit. I'm still wondering why the new Fly More kit is $700 more when the Air2S Fly more kit was only a $300 bump in price. Maybe those new batteries cost a bit more, but over twice the price?

Reactions: bobe933
There will likely be lots of folks buying one of the cheaper packages and adding the SC, so if you did buy the Cine package (assuming that's what you want), there will very likely be people selling off their regular remotes if they never intend to use them. You might be able to get something like that for relatively cheap.

The standard remote is also so big now that I don't think it would make sense for DJI to include both. If you have the SC, the standard controller + smartphone/tablet is bigger and more cumbersome.
Yet, for those of us with eyesight issues, the SC is harder to see versus an RC with phone / tablet. One reason I would not get an SC. It's like looking at my Pocket 2 screen (not same, but same reason) and trying to see what I'm shooting. Adding a phone does make it bulkier and seems so non-essential - yet it is needed if I want to take good photos and esp videos as the Pocket video mode seems almost like slow motion in record mode.

Those that can use the SC - great for them, but the RC is for us folks who want to see the screen and at a lower cost. Even with a 10" tablet and the Skyreat holder, I've gotten use to using the rig and it's not that big of a deal to me. Packing up it all up to go fly, setting it all up on site, and then taking it all apart when done - NOW THAT'S A PIA.

Reactions: genertaylori
Reactions: Mharz and Jeff A
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980