DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 specifications leak with two models due in November

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not getting the appeal of the huge internal storage. I frequently switch out cards so that if anything happens, I won’t lose stuff I shot before.

Sure, Let me have a flyaway, and in addition to loosing my drone, I’ll lose a terabyte or two of my work as well.
I suspect the internal storage is so high, because higher end video format recording will require a memory recording throughput with a higher rate than what an SD card can achieve.

I think there is a very big difference. I can fly the DJI FPV way better than the 2.0. Many people seem to think there is a little difference.
You really have to push the FPV hard to lose connection such as behind objects and distance.
We must, of course, keep any drone in the Line Of Sight.
Of course. Godspeed, Droniac

I’m in.

Can anyone succinctly explain the differences from Occu-Sync 2.0 to Occu-Sync 3.0?
When I read about occusync 3.0, it talks about better video transmission back to the remote. The remote OUT control of the drone is the same and has always been better than the video received back, but with occusync 3.0 the video reception from the drone to the remote won't have as much interference. Thus the range of control will match the range of the video reception better.

For example, I have noticed with occusync 2.0 the image always starts to fail before the remotes control of the drone starts to fail. With occusync 3.0 the image and control signals may both start to suffer and or improve at an equal rate.

Reactions: maggior
Jumping into the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo with the Smart Controller was a big leap for me and I have had absolutely no regrets! So having made it through that, I can't say I'd be immune to wanting the Maivc 3 when it hits the streets. The MA2 has done nothing but impress me so I'd entertain an upgrade.

Reactions: Droniac
I suspect the internal storage is so high, because higher end video format recording will require a memory recording throughput with a higher rate than what an SD card can achieve.
That was my thought as well.

Reactions: Gary R
RAW video at 8k60 ... if that is in the plans, a TB won't be enough. I'd want a couple uSD card slots. Heck, I'm even filling up my 128G limit shooting standard 4k30 H264.

But seriously, who owns hardware sufficient to play 8k60, let alone edit it efficiently? Then comes the question of who is the audience? 4k hasn't really reached maturity yet (how many people actually pay for 4k content or know it when they see it). 8k60 is early adopter at best. Only a few TVs even handle it - they are all spendy. Of course that won't affect folk who just buy for numbers.

I've been anticipating the release of the "3", expecting it to be paired with a new SC and already have 3K set aside, figuring I'll need a new backpack/camera bag and other gear too. I can sell my Mini and Air2 and keep my Air2s as my backup. Bring it on already.

RAW video at 8k60 ... if that is in the plans, a TB won't be enough. I'd want a couple uSD card slots. Heck, I'm even filling up my 128G limit shooting standard 4k30 H264.

But seriously, who owns hardware sufficient to play 8k60, let alone edit it efficiently? Then comes the question of who is the audience? 4k hasn't really reached maturity yet (how many people actually pay for 4k content or know it when they see it). 8k60 is early adopter at best. Only a few TVs even handle it - they are all spendy. Of course that won't affect folk who just buy for numbers.
8k and I’m having to go back to my optometrist buddy. I’m not seeing 4K. ? Godspeed, Droniac

I've been anticipating the release of the "3", expecting it to be paired with a new SC and already have 3K set aside, figuring I'll need a new backpack/camera bag and other gear too. I can sell my Mini and Air2 and keep my Air2s as my backup. Bring it on already.
Sounds like a very cool plan. You think your spot on! Safe flying and Godspeed with your soon to be pre-prepared for new edition. I’m cracking open a few piggy banks I think. Lol. Droniac

Occusync 3.0 and better camera were selling features that drove me to wanting the MA2S - but I chose the MA2 because it will fly and film at sub-zero temps. The MA2S won't (according to DJI and the temp specs, the gimbal locks up when subjected to cold). I wonder what the temp specs will be for these newer more power hungry models with even more sensitive gimbals will accept? Will we see a +5 or even +10 lower limit?

This seems to be the firmest news on the Mavic 3.

Bet it's going to be an excellent drone with a dual camera. And expensive.
It's interesting. There is news of an Autel EVO3 coming out around the same time. Autel even seems closer to releasing a Mini called the Autel Nano and a version of an Air2S. Looks like Autel and DJI are going to be like the 2 top phone manufacturer competitors ie Galaxy and I-Phone.

I may not publish at 8k, but recording at 8k allows for cropping and zooming in, whilst still maintaining a high-res export.

who just buy for numbers.
I won't publish at 8k, but recording at 8k allows for cropping and zooming in, whilst still maintaining a high-res export.

I may not publish at 8k, but recording at 8k allows for cropping and zooming in, whilst still maintaining a high-res export.
A lot of people just don't understand that's why 8K is used for filming. You can zoom and crop to get a better composition or zoom in and out on a subject. I don't know if you've ever seen a movie scene before they had high res video and they zoomed in and cropped the video and it looked much worse than the rest of the film. They would often do it in nude scenes to cut out some of the offending content.

Reactions: Kiwicbrthou
Lol - I guess a longer lens doesn't occur to people doing video. But the simple fact a 4k YouTube takes a minute or more to queue up real 4k, and isn't even real 4k because of extra compression, doesn't matter either. Then there's the fact cropping doesn't achieve the same effects as a longer lens.

If you are making true pro quality video for commercials, theater quality movies, then 8k might make sense. Otherwise, it seems to me it is all about my 8k is better than your 4k. Same is true for still cameras. 300 dpi is pretty much all you need to print, and if you are printing a 16x20" image, you need 6,000 pixels. At 4:3 that's 6.0k x 4.8k, or about 28MP for true optical limit printing. For any online use, except for gigaview type sites, 10MP is overkill.

However - if you have money to burn, buy the 16k camera for your drone. But you'd be better off buying a 4k camera with a good lens that is zoomable.

ps: don't get me wrong - cropping makes sense, fake zoom doesn't; but in the end it is what do you want or need.

Reactions: MS Coast
I'd probably be more interested in 4K60 or higher than 8k at a lower frame rate.

Too bad that it might be bigger and heavier.

Seems consumer drones are going the other way.

I’m not getting the appeal of the huge internal storage. I frequently switch out cards so that if anything happens, I won’t lose stuff I shot before.

Sure, Let me have a flyaway, and in addition to loosing my drone, I’ll lose a terabyte or two of my work as well.
Because micro SD cards are not fast enough to keep up with Prores. External 4k Prores recorders like the Atomos Ninja V record to high end SSD

There won't be a zoom model and November is wishful thinking with the chip shortage.

They can charge whatever they like, as they have the bottom range, better range, middle and stupidly expensive range. Standard marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143