DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic AIR 2 not working with Android phone

lukas123

Reactions
I have just received my Mavic Air 2 and was quite upset to find out that there are many issues between RC connection and android phones. I have setup everything all ready to fly, plug the RC cable - nothing is working. I got error "RC not connected to mobile phone" . Got back home, and started my research..

The phone I use : Samsung galaxy S8

1. Update firmware on both radio and the drone.
2. Proceed with manual linking procedure. After that, confirmed that the gimbal is moving - drone and radio are paired.
3. Download the latest DJI FLY app through their official website
4. Try the cable every possible way around
5. Restart phone multiple times
6. Ensure phone operating system is the newest.

Okay so at that point I am lost. Grabbed my wifes Iphone 12, connected RC cable, connection successful straight away.

My next steps:

1. Borrow another android phone ( From the DJI recommended list) and try with another phone
2. Purchase a new usb C - usb C cable .

If none of these two work. I will have to return the drone as I am not willing to buy a new phone to fly the drone :(

Did anyone else have simmilar experiences with Android phones? Please share how have you fixed the problem if you did.

Reactions: JDerrick and Jam0ne
Seems strange that you can’t connect using Android.
I have not used the fly app only Go4.
I Have had no problem with any Android phone or tablet & I have used a few, the only problem I ever had was with an Apple tablet (screen blanked out in flight) so it was back to Android.
Have you used a different cable ? That's the only thing I can think of.

After some more testing, I have found out that something is wrong with my phone. I have tested the same usb C - usb C cable with another phone ( exactly same model phone as mine ) and it worked fine!

Okay so my phone usb C port is not working? How can that be? :

1. My phone is charging fine

2. I have bought a usb C - micro USB adapter. Plugged that to my phone, and tried connecting to the radio using micro usb instead - that works!
1615975247055.png

I am so confused. Why wouldnt it work with usb C but work with Micro usb through an adapter , they still use the same pins of the phone port right?

I'm a little late on your post and it looks like you've found a work-around. I think it all comes down to the fact that each port and each cable get unique degrees of wear and tear. Sometimes a pin from a certain cable will not work on a certain device, but changing out either a device or a cable works. Sometimes it's a problem with power charging only. Other times, it's the data connection. I've seldom had a problem with a new device *AND* new cable. I do have some cables that I know only work with certain devices. My son had an Android-based tablet that only "liked" new cables, but its port was too loose to accept moderately used cables. Technology's great when it works!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7