DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 Pre-Order Special

Watching a UPS truck on their "Follow My Delivery" web page has got to be pure torture!

........ but it eventually arrived!!

And yes, I got my Mavic Air 2.

Unfortunately no case YET, but I am hoping Empire will get these out to us soonest. (I would really much rather a case than the bag,).

And here it is.......

20200520_150915.jpg

WOW Just got my shipping notice from Empire, assume it's just drone, but it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!!!
I appreciate your post because it prompted me to check my Inbox, and found my MA2 FMC package arrives tomorrow, too. ‘Just in time for a weekend flying over Wine Country in Napa & Sonoma!

So glad to see the May 1st/2nd pre-orders shipping out to Empire’s customers!

Nice!! Have you flown it yet? Or still charging all the batteries? The weather in VA has been a little crappy the last couple days, have not been able to fly much.

Oh.... and I agree, watching the UPS truck is torture! Especially when it shows they are 1000' or so away, then turn the opposite direction.

Nice!! Have you flown it yet? Or still charging all the batteries? The weather in VA has been a little crappy the last couple days, have not been able to fly much.

Oh.... and I agree, watching the UPS truck is torture! Especially when it shows they are 1000' or so away, then turn the opposite direction.

Got the 1st battery and controller on charge. Working from home this week, and have a 6 o'clock deadline. Hmm..... thats also torture!!

But I'll say this. The Mavic Mini was my first DJI drone, and in my opinion, there is no comparison with regards the build quality alone. I'm not saying the MM was "cheap" or anything like that. Its also a great little drone. But this is so much more sturdy. I remember getting the MM and taking it out of the case for the first time. I was afraid I'd break it just by holding it! This one is totally different! It just feels so much more solid!

Anyways, the winds are blowing here, and doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon. As soon as I'm finished work, I'll at least activate it, do all the updates, and purchase my Care Refresh. Then we'll see.

Now back to work......... :rolleyes:

The Mavic Mini was my first DJI drone, and in my opinion, there is no comparison with regards the build quality alone. I'm not saying the MM was "cheap" or anything like that. Its also a great little drone. But this is so much more sturdy. I remember getting the MM and taking it out of the case for the first time. I was afraid I'd break it just by holding it! This one is totally different! It just feels so much more solid!

I wonder how the MA2 compares to the Mavic 2 Pro.... the reason I say that is that the Mavic Air was my 1st drone, while I pre-ordered an Air 2 I ended up cancelling and now have a Mavic 2 Pro, your comparison of the MM to the MA2 is exactly how I feel about the MA to the M2 Pro. Overall it just feels a considerably more solid drone, the Air (1) did not feel cheap or poorly put together, just the 2 Pro feels like a brick in comparison.

Anyways, the winds are blowing here, and doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon.

Been the same here all day, wind gusting where I am just not confident enough to risk flying. Here's hoping the wind lets up for you and you can at least get a short flight!

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
I appreciate your post because it prompted me to check my Inbox, and found my MA2 FMC package arrives tomorrow, too. ‘Just in time for a weekend flying over Wine Country in Napa & Sonoma!

So glad to see the May 1st/2nd pre-orders shipping out to Empire’s customers!
Yeah the experience would have been better for all of us I think if they had been more upfront about how and when they were ordering stock and how many shipments they had coming. Maybe the blame is with DJI, I don't know.

I ordered on 5/2 and have not been notified of shipment yet. I emailed Empire Drone yesterday morning asking if they had any update on future shipments. I received no reply to my email. So much for good customer service!

I ordered on 5/2 and have not been notified of shipment yet. I emailed Empire Drone yesterday morning asking if they had any update on future shipments. I received no reply to my email. So much for good customer service!
I also ordered may 2, but I think that was their big order day as they were sold out the next day. Had quick responses, but always very vague.

I also ordered may 2, but I think that was their big order day as they were sold out the next day. Had quick responses, but always very vague.

OK, Thanks. Is there anyone else out there who has NOT had a confirmed shipment yet? My order never showed up on my account page on the Empire drone website. When I click on "My Orders" it shows: "You haven't placed any orders yet." . I called them about it a few days ago and they said they had my order but the website still does not show it. I'm just hoping there is not some snafu where my order got overlooked. Thanks for any info.

I would be concerned, My order definitely shows on my account page. Did you get and email with confirmation and order number?

OH I guess I ordered on May 1 Not May 2. The confirmation came May 2. So you're probably in 3rd batch.

delivered waiting for me to get home. Bonus I called state farm they added new drone to current MA1 policy with no premium change. Both covered for 1k and 60 dollars a year
Charging, ok that gimbal cover is the worst design ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
Greetings, my 'Empire Pre-Order Drone' family.
Just wondering if there is anyone who has actually received the case yet.
Cheers and stay safe.

Greetings, my 'Empire Pre-Order Drone' family.
Just wondering if there is anyone who has actually received the case yet.
Well-put...we have become bonded in our pre-order plight!

According to GPC’s website, they’ll begin shipping MA2 cases next week, so I’m guessing Empire will get theirs next week, too. A local friend and forum member ordered his from GPC and will be getting his tomorrow, since Drone Nerds sent his non-pre-ordered MA2 last week.

Last edited:
So true, even though I ended up canceling, I keep checking this thread to see if you all have your drone and cases yet.
Thanks for sticking with the family! I’m sure you’re going to enjoy your M2P, as it’s the flagship of my fleet.

Reactions: naiku
Well-put...we have become bonded in our pre-order plight!

According to GPC’s website, they’ll begin shipping MA2 cases next week, so I’m guessing Empire will get theirs next week, too. A local friend and forum member ordered his from GPC and will be getting his tomorrow, since Drone Nerds sent his non-pre-ordered MA2 last week. Good for him...head-scratcher for us.

Mine will then get on the week-long UPS Ground cross-country route, to complete my May 1st pre-order sometime in June. Boy did I ever mis-understand the term “pre-order!”
Yeah I read expected to ship from GPC may 25, so if lucky I may see by End of next week. Upside for me is ups ground is essentially next day from Empire. Not in love with the fly more case.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I called Empire Drone yesterday. Sean said 3rd shipment on the way, might arrive middle of next week. Cases not expected to be in by then, so will just ship drones alone. Asked about my order still not showing up on website, guess it has happened to one other also. Still not showing but that is ok as long as my drone ships out!

Wow thats too bad. Heading out for first real flight right now. All charged and activated and quick back yard up and down

Post FIrst Flight Euphoria:
OMG I love this thing!! I just flew all 3 batteries down to 35 % and had a ball, though being very careful for now.

Really love the controller over the MA1, Really hate the gimbal cover and the FMC bag.

Looking through the shots I got now

Last edited:
Mine arrived early this evening, activation went smooth no issues. Then, Activated Refresh all good to go now. Charging one battery at a time before using hub, will take it out tomorrow.

Big thanks to Empire Drone, Great transaction and super deal!

Paul

Reactions: naiku
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings