DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 Pre-Order Special

I completely agree with that, but, I had been wanting a 2 Pro before the Air 2 was even announced (I primarily take still images) and so rather than settle, I realize the Air 2 is not settling in many ways, I'd rather have the better still images that the 2 Pro can produce.

But yes, support small businesses any way you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volatus Drones
as I stated I will give them til EOD friday to ship. Then I look for whoever has stock to ship immediately. It's less about the wait an more about the changing store of when they are getting it. They've either got stock coming form DJI with tracking numbers at which point they know exactly when they are coming and when they are shipping to us.... OR it's all BS and they have not idea when DJI will get to them in the list.

At the beginning, I was thinking of canceling my MA2 order with Empire Drone Company. But credit my cancellation towards an Evo 2 Pro with them, but I decided to not get an Evo 2 and stay with the MA2.

Paul

Just received an answer to my email from Empire Drone Company about updates on shipping. John McGraw replied "We are on schedule to begin shipping out on Monday. We are following our shipments closely."

Just received an answer to my email from Empire Drone Company about updates on shipping. John McGraw replied "We are on schedule to begin shipping out on Monday. We are following our shipments closely."

I sincerely hope that was an accurate response you received.

The fact is we are expecting 2 new products with this order. The MA2 which is now available and shipping, and the GPC case, also a new product, still on pre-order with most sellers, including GPC themselves, who state on their website will start shipping the week of the 25th.

I'm not really holding my breath!

and 2 days ago they same person told me later this week. That statement also means they still don't have their shipments.

I sincerely hope that was an accurate response you received.

The fact is we are expecting 2 new products with this order. The MA2 which is now available and shipping, and the GPC case, also a new product, still on pre-order with most sellers, including GPC themselves, who state on their website will start shipping the week of the 25th.

I'm not really holding my breath!
If that's the case (no pun intended) they should ship the drones as soon as they have them and the cases later when they have those.

I agree. If the cases won't come in time, the drones should be shipped first! Still hoping for like a 2 day shipping from them. Patience is no longer a virtue for me lol

I agree. If the cases won't come in time, the drones should be shipped first! Still hoping for like a 2 day shipping from them. Patience is no longer a virtue for me lol
When I called Thursday they told me they would ship the drones out as soon as they got them, case or no case. Also, they were expecting delivery Monday, and if indeed they are delivered, turn around and ship out that same day.

Guess we will see, who knows?

Emailed Empire Drone Company this morning and asked if they were on track to start shipping on Monday and the reply was "Yes."

What is even more frustrating than waiting for the drone, is the conflicting messages they are sending out.

Around midday yesterday I chatted with someone on their website who told me "we may see some of them arriving next week. We do show 3 shipments arriving next week". Asked further whether these are the drones or cases, the person just replied "both".

Am I upset? Yes I am. I always took pre-order to mean one pays for an item in advance, to ensure that you receive it before regular orders. I guess not so in this case.

At this point I appeal to Empire Drones...... please just tell us what the actual situation is. When can we expect our drones? When can we expect our cases?

Empire Chat.JPG

I emailed them yesterday and have gotten no response. Based on reviews of the GPC case I decided to not cancel, but if we don't have a solid answer from them soon I will just order elsewhere. I suspect they had a shipment of the cases on order and decided to run this special, but actually had not ordered the drones until they had enough pre-orders to cover the number of cases. That means they ordered from DJI after just about everyone else, which is why they are waiting on the shipment still.

I emailed them yesterday and have gotten no response. Based on reviews of the GPC case I decided to not cancel, but if we don't have a solid answer from them soon I will just order elsewhere. I suspect they had a shipment of the cases on order and decided to run this special, but actually had not ordered the drones until they had enough pre-orders to cover the number of cases. That means they ordered from DJI after just about everyone else, which is why they are waiting on the shipment still.

I would think they at least ordered enough drones to cover the GPC case special deal, things happen I’m sure their intent was to receive the cases and drones before the 11th.

By the way, Happy birthday?
Paul

What is even more frustrating than waiting for the drone, is the conflicting messages they are sending out.

Around midday yesterday I chatted with someone on their website who told me "we may see some of them arriving next week. We do show 3 shipments arriving next week". Asked further whether these are the drones or cases, the person just replied "both".

Am I upset? Yes I am. I always took pre-order to mean one pays for an item in advance, to ensure that you receive it before regular orders. I guess not so in this case.

At this point I appeal to Empire Drones...... please just tell us what the actual situation is. When can we expect our drones? When can we expect our cases?

View attachment 101506

Thanks for the info. I wonder what "3 shipments arriving" means, as in 3 drones or 3 large orders of multiple drones arriving? I would think that DJI would ship out large boxes containing a dozen or so drones out at a time to a vendor. I was one of the last to get in on the deal before they canceled it, so I should be last to receive. Still glad I ordered though, I can wait a bit longer to get the case. This will be my first Drone!

...Still glad I ordered though, I can wait a bit longer to get the case. This will be my first Drone!
This is not my first drone, but I agree with your sentiment. I’m glad I caught the Empire special before they had to end it, and I can definitely wait a bit longer. But I’m not knocking those with higher expectations, because I’m just as giddy about seeing what this MA2 is all about.

In a couple weeks, let’s all post on this thread again to share our experience with our eventual shipment of our new MA2s. There had better not be one person on this thread with a bricked battery. We’ve had long enough to read all the “I got mine...where’s yours!?“ posts, and a couple to be followed up with “Did I get a bad battery?” post. @EmpireDroneCompany customers can at least take pride in knowing to charge batteries individually...just to be safe. ?

On a more positive note, I see Empire Drones does in fact have the case now listed on their website, not as a pre-order or back order. It appears they are actually selling and shipping.
So hopefully our cases are ready, and the expected shipments are just for the drones. If they do come in from the beginning of next week, then maybe we can expect to see shipping from the middle to end of next week.
Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat