DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 Pre-Order Special

no updates on case here either. thought about bugging them, but having too much fun with drone.

Wow some of you still didn’t get the drone yet? They are in stock at a lot of stores, standard and combo unless you’re just going to wait in order to get the free case.

I'm curious how many of us ordered from them(how many did they sell), and how many are still waiting

The fact some of you are still waiting on your drone, let alone the case is pretty shocking. A month after the drone was released and you are still waiting on a "pre-order" is not great, I realize there are many factors at play, when the order was placed being a primarily one. But, I am assuming that everyone in here ordered before May 6th when the pre-order was sold out, that's 21 days ago. I'd have run out of patience.

And just to make this ordeal a little more interesting.... I cancelled my order on May 13th requesting a refund, got a reply within 30 minutes that it was cancelled and a refund issues. On May 15th I noticed that no refund was showing on my credit card so I again sent an email asking if the refund had been processed. Received a reply saying that yes it has and it can take 7-10 days to complete.

12 days later, checked my credit card statement........ guess what, still no refund.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
The fact some of you are still waiting on your drone, let alone the case is pretty shocking. A month after the drone was released and you are still waiting on a "pre-order" is not great, I realize there are many factors at play, when the order was placed being a primarily one. But, I am assuming that everyone in here ordered before May 6th when the pre-order was sold out, that's 21 days ago. I'd have run out of patience.

And just to make this ordeal a little more interesting.... I cancelled my order on May 13th requesting a refund, got a reply within 30 minutes that it was cancelled and a refund issues. On May 15th I noticed that no refund was showing on my credit card so I again sent an email asking if the refund had been processed. Received a reply saying that yes it has and it can take 7-10 days to complete.

12 days later, checked my credit card statement........ guess what, still no refund.

I would definitely give them a call. I cancelled my order last Friday around 4 PM, and a couple of hours later I got a notification from the bank about the refund.

I will never order from this company again. They kept saying my order was on the next shipment, and for that I will give them bad reviews.

Yeah I can't say they'll be top of my list next time either. Too much conflicting communication. I suspect they place the orders after they ran out of GPC cases they were getting ad there was no "pre-order" involved. That said they did ship drones and I suspect they will ship the cases, so it's not like they were a scam

I emailed them a 3rd time this morning. This is the first time they have replied to me. When I spoke with Sean last week he told me the 3rd shipment was ON THE WAY. That was obviously a lie! It is time to cancel and Hope that they refund my money. Below is their email reply:

Currently we are waiting for the next shipment to arrive. DJI tells us it will be about 2 weeks before they have inventory back in and will ship to the dealers.

Thank you,

JOHN MCGRAW

Partner | Empire Drone Company LLC

office: (315)-743-4285 ext. 100

direct: (315)-592-2270

that's ridiculous, and they didn't bother to contact you? I'd definitely write a scathing email and go find a drone elsewhere. They are in stock in a lot of places and you can easily find one without sales tax and just write off the free case.

So another two weeks before DJI ships the drones out to Empire which means probably 3 weeks until Empire starts shipping. And who knows if that shipment actually contains enough to fulfill the rest of the pre-orders. This is definitely testing my resolve...

**EDIT: Please take this response with a grain of salt since I have no direct first hand contact with Empire and don't know the exact status

Last edited:
I just emailed them about the cases, we'll see. You may get your cases before your drones.

Last edited:
Man......... what can I say?

Its coming up to a month since I placed my "Pre-Order". Thankfully I received the drone - nothing on the case.

But for there to be no word, no update from the seller, an "Approved Vendor", who advertised this offer right here in these forums, in my opinion is totally unacceptable.

As I recall, at the beginning of this whole saga, people were questioning whether the seller was a DJI authorized dealer, and a forum administrator assured us they were an approved vendor, which to my understanding meant it was safe to order from them. Unfortunately it has not worked out so well for many of us, and I don't think it unreasonable for the forum administrators to contact the seller on our behalf, to find out what is really going on. I get the impression the seller used this forum, and an enticing offer, to boost their pre-order sales, without actually having the capacity to fulfill those orders in a timely fashion. Not right!

Empire Drones........ a lot of us are very disappointed with how you have treated us. We purchased from you in good faith, and I really do not think we deserve how we have been treated. But I guess, we will just put it down to another learning experience!

Yeah, I have to say, for a small business in the current economic climate, they are not doing themselves any favors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk