DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air has been released (taking pre-orders now)

Just curious. Doesn't the Mavic Pro have horizontal obstacle avoidance? And also vertical avoidance? Isn't this basically the same thing just not given a fancy name?

I think the pro only has front and bottom obstacle avoidance...Side to side and backwards is up to the pilot to avoid.

Just curious. Doesn't the Mavic Pro have horizontal obstacle avoidance? And also vertical avoidance? Isn't this basically the same thing just not given a fancy name?
APAS allows the AC to avoid the obstacle and keep moving

Reactions: Neebles
I pulled the trigger....may sell the spark, we'll see how she performs. Certainly am going to start getting rid of some of my other brands though!

I think the pro only has front and bottom obstacle avoidance...Side to side and backwards is up to the pilot to avoid.
The Mavic Pro is not able to avoid obstacles below it.

You were the one who brought up that your Spark doesn’t have a screen so it wasn’t a deal breaker...To me, at 800 bucks, no on screen telemetry is a deal breaker.
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding

Reactions: Neebles
Sure it will. It will stop before dropping/landing on top of anything....At least mine does.
All Mavic Pros are the same ;)

Perhaps you're referring to the feature that causes the Mavic to stop and hover above the ground when it's returning to the home point automatically?

I always left between 8 and 12 % batt on Mavic PRO. I wonder what will be real time flaying on mavic air ."?maybe 10 to 12 minutes that’s noting to me

Sorry I wasn't clearly explaining what I meant. I think the Mavic Pro has a setting where the craft will move horizontally (or vertically) if it senses an obstacle ahead of it. Many people turn this feature off so the craft doesn't move sideways (or vertically) into an obstacle since there are no sensors on the sides or top. Isn't that the same as the APAC being talked about on the Air? The Air doesn't have sensors on the side or top either. The difference I think is in how smooth this sideways move is. In APAC it seems to be very gentle but in the Pro I think it may come to a stop, move 90 degrees right or left and then start forward again. I haven't tested this so I don't know for certain, but I do remember the option under sensors.

Sorry I wasn't clearly explaining what I meant. I think the Mavic Pro has a setting where the craft will move horizontally (or vertically) if it senses an obstacle ahead of it. Many people turn this feature off so the craft doesn't move sideways (or vertically) into an obstacle since there are no sensors on the sides or top. Isn't that the same as the APAC being talked about on the Air? The Air doesn't have sensors on the side or top either. The difference I think is in how smooth this sideways move is. In APAC it seems to be very gentle but in the Pro I think it may come to a stop, move 90 degrees right or left and then start forward again. I haven't tested this so I don't know for certain, but I do remember the option under sensors.
I believe that only works during RTH. Called Smart RTH

Occusync, better range, better battery.....i would say that the mavic pro looks more as the evolution of the mavic air instead of the opposite.

The Mavic Air has just been released by DJI!

See more details here. While supplies last, you can pre-order a Mavic Air from DJI here.

Cute and lots of tech but prefer the size of Mavic Pro for both portability and handling in windy conditions. MP2 should be a great upgrade to the Mavic Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_