DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Boat Chasing Alaska

Very good, nicely done.

If / when you decide to send in your Mavic for repair, turn around time is going to be some where between 5 - 6 weeks. I had to send mine in for a gimbal yerk / twitch, the Mavic came like that out of the box. I hesitated to go that route because I knew it was going to take a long time and had a trip abroad to Costa Rica for our wedding anniversary. Luckily, the Mavic behaved during the trip, all the videos came out nice. Upon our return I sent her in for warranty work to DJI, the whole process took close to 6 weeks, DJI sent me a new drone. The replacement I received flies flawlessly.
I've had the same experience with sending my P4P in... over six weeks. The Mavic purchase was to get me through the wait and then I fell in love with this little drone. Those 20mp photos from the P4P are very nice for site photos and I prefer it for photography.

Send it to @Thunderdrones for repair... He'll turn it around in a week or less most of the time, depending on the repair.

For warranty work or DJI Care Refresh don't you have to send it directly to DJI?.

I've had the same experience with sending my P4P in... over six weeks. The Mavic purchase was to get me through the wait and then I fell in love with this little drone. Those 20mp photos from the P4P are very nice for site photos and I prefer it for photography.

I love the Mavic, such a small drone with a lot of capabilities, it is my favorite drone when we go on trips, hikes, when portability but yet capabilities are essential. Earlier today I posted a Pano I shot with the Mavic last weekend on a hike to the mountains. There is no way I can hike with the P4 Pro or Inspire.

For commercial work I use the Inspire, sometimes I run into tight spaces where there is not enough room to deploy the Inspire and yet need professional looking pictures. That's where the P4 Pro comes in.

Reactions: cmavicak
I
I love the Mavic, such a small drone with a lot of capabilities, it is my favorite drone when we go on trips, hikes, when portability but yet capabilities are essential. Earlier today I posted a Pano I shot with the Mavic last weekend on a hike to the mountains. There is no way I can hike with the P4 Pro or Inspire.

For commercial work I use the Inspire, sometimes I run into tight spaces where there is not enough room to deploy the Inspire and yet need professional looking pictures. That's where the P4 Pro comes in.
Well said. I had an Inspire V2 but never found it could handle high winds without vibration coming through in the footage. I always wondered if the heavier cameras were more stable. The Mavic has slight video rotation instability at times, but handles wind very well. The Phantom series really impressed me in the wind. We did a mountain top job in remote Alaska. I flew a little Phantom 3 Advanced nearly every day for project documentation. That little drone put out really stable footage in high and turbulent wind. I'm curious how the Inspire 2 performs.

Reactions: ElGuapo
Well said. I had an Inspire V2 but never found it could handle high winds without vibration coming through in the footage. I always wondered if the heavier cameras were more stable.

On very windy days, I've seen what you are referring to, in the videos with the small X3 camera. However, when I fly with the Zenmuse X5 footage is rock solid stable.

The Phantom series really impressed me in the wind. We did a mountain top job in remote Alaska. I flew a little Phantom 3 Advanced nearly every day for project documentation. That little drone put out really stable footage in high and turbulent wind. I'm curious how the Inspire 2 performs.

Can't agree with you more with on this. I still regret selling my old Phantom 3 Pro.

Had to join the chorus of props on you beautiful video.

Im sure im not the only one who googled a trip to Hidden Lake, Alaska after watching video.

Just back from Alaska last week, and I had been telling friends it is cliche but pic don't do the place justice. However this video does.

Really nice video there cmavicak.
Lovely smooth shots in a fantastic location.
Great mix of different shots. And the sound track isn't overbearing, has a cool gentle feel to it. Well done.

I have power trim, large outboard fin, and an aluminum planing fin. This allows me to get on step with 4 adults and 100lbs of gear/dogs. I couldn't do anymore. I'd like to extend the boat by a couple feet and go to 30hp. Great little boat, but it is only 12'
Wow! I had 3.80m RIB with 20HP Suzuki EFI that was great it could plane with full gear (5 people) but lack of windshield was a big disadvantage (in Finnish weather conditions) therefore i switch to aluminum 5m "bow rider" type boat.
Anyway enjoy long days and beautiful Alaskan summer!

Wow! I had 3.80m RIB with 20HP Suzuki EFI that was great it could plane with full gear (5 people) but lack of windshield was a big disadvantage (in Finnish weather conditions) therefore i switch to aluminum 5m "bow rider" type boat.
Anyway enjoy long days and beautiful Alaskan summer!
The Flying Saucer design has less planing area than many skiffs of comparable length. Those nice lines and lower sides sacrifice a little in utility but she sure is pretty:)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78