DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Mini 2 Has a loose bottom right arm

Ben1104

Reactions
I bought this drone 10 days ago and carried on flying it until I’ve noticed the bottom right arm of my Dji mini 2 started to become a moderately loose. The drone is still able to take flight and fly at normal altitudes but I’m quite anxious about the wobble on the arm. The rear arm is still functional and the motor is still operational, It’s only loose. Is there any solutions to fix this?

Attachments

• B0225E09-8745-4763-BB57-FA91D9C854E3.jpeg
    B0225E09-8745-4763-BB57-FA91D9C854E3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • F3A85846-D96C-4FAA-85FE-41F7F6AFC3BF.jpeg
    F3A85846-D96C-4FAA-85FE-41F7F6AFC3BF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
STOP FLYING the drone until this is fixed.

This assumes the mini 2 is built in a similar way to the mavic mini.
In the Mavic Mini two screws hold the arm to its pivot, one screw is on/in the top of the arm the other screw is on/in the underside of the arm.
Once these screws are removed the arm will, WITH CARE AND WITHOUT FORCE, slide off the pivot, by not a lot so but maybe by 1cm OR LESS. ( For the photo that will follow I did it with the arm in the closed position.)
The black thing is the pivot.
WITH CARE you can hold the arm SLIGHTLY to one side, as needs be, and check if the 3 screws that hold the pivot to the drone's body are loose, hopefully they are. If they are, nip them up but bear in mind they are tiny and screwing into plastic so do not use a 10ft lever to tighten them.

If that was the problem them refit the arm to the pivot and refit the screws. You would probably take longer to read this post than it would to do the job.

If the screw holes in the body have been stripped than you have bigger problems, possibly irrepairable or needing a new middle shell. If the pivot is broken then the drone needs to be opened, to allow removal of the motor wires and the fitting of a new pivot followed by the reattachment/ resoldering of the wires.

Attachments

• mini rear arm pivot.jpg
    mini rear arm pivot.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ben1104
Oh, I had assumed it was second hand.
If it is new yes indeed get on to DJI and do not attempt a repair.

Reactions: NDWildBill
I bought this drone 10 days ago and carried on flying it until I’ve noticed the bottom right arm of my Dji mini 2 started to become a moderately loose. The drone is still able to take flight and fly at normal altitudes but I’m quite anxious about the wobble on the arm. The rear arm is still functional and the motor is still operational, It’s only loose. Is there any solutions to fix this?
This happened to me, you slightly 1/2 to 3/4 turn loosen the screws on the are adjacent to the body of the drone. Next punch the arm in with one finger while hole the drone and use the other hand to tighten the screws back up. It worked for me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottster03