DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini DJI Mavic Mini: The Hawk

Amckim2084

Reactions
Bonus video from my winter drone footage the other day. At one point I was chased by a hawk and had to abandon my shots til it was safe to fly again. Hope you enjoy!!!

Reactions: sikspy and dirkclod
Get up there and tell that Hawkster who is Boss, ?

One thing i have come to realize is that Wind / Rain and Birds all need to be negotiated with, you cannot always run back home.

Birds love to attack from behind and the weaker you appear in the sky , the weaker they see you.
You look like an injured bird so let them see the Vertical Climb and the super sonic speed and always keep them in front of you.

I spent my first year avoiding them, my second year trying to scare them with crazy eyes and colors and now we just out smart them , the ability to rocket up and down is your number one go to, along with just keeping them in sight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic Mini in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: Amckim2084
Get up there and tell that Hawkster who is Boss, ?

One thing i have come to realize is that Wind / Rain and Birds all need to be negotiated with, you cannot always run back home.

Birds love to attack from behind and the weaker you appear in the sky , the weaker they see you.
You look like an injured bird so let them see the Vertical Climb and the super sonic speed and always keep them in front of you.

I spent my first year avoiding them, my second year trying to scare them with crazy eyes and colors and now we just out smart them , the ability to rocket up and down is your number one go to, along with just keeping them in sight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic Mini in the Rain and Land on Water.
lol I was in cinematic mode at the time. I keep forgetting that Mini doesn’t have a mode switch on the controller. So it was a slow ascending getaway til I remembered where the mode switch was on the app ?

I’m still a little new to the Mini. I’m use to the Mavic 2 Pro and the Mavic Air lol.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
onus video from my winter drone footage the other day. At one point I was chased by a hawk and had to abandon my shots til it was safe to fly again. Hope you enjoy!!!
He was not sure what kind of intruder is flying around in his territory, but finally he said to himself, let it be, it´s not a competitor ?
cheers Paul

He was not sure what kind of intruder is flying around in his territory, but finally he said to himself, let it be, it´s not a competitor ?
cheers Paul
The best part about it was the end when I turned around and you get a glimpse of it flying off ?

I didn’t even mean to do that. I had it in sports mode by then and was trying to keep the orientation towards me ?

The best part about it was the end when I turned around and you get a glimpse of it flying off ?

I didn’t even mean to do that. I had it in sports mode by then and was trying to keep the orientation towards me
anyway, it was a good idea to retrive the drone..Because he could have decided to attack the strange bird ??

anyway, it was a good idea to retrive the drone..Because he could have decided to attack the strange bird ??
From where I was standing, I could see he circled around 3 times. He gained height himself by the third turn but gave up by then lol.

Nice short video with great music.
SMART MOVE LANDING SO QUICKLY!
I have had crows and red tail hawks chase my drones and fixed-wing aircraft.
Drones are easier to evade by ascending quickly, but you still have to plan your return and descent.
Ant landing you can (pick up your drone and) walk away from is a good one.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel