DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Just called them. They told me they have heard nothing from DJI about any shipments, But they are 'expecting a delivery within 2-3 weeks.'
Not their fault I know. I did choose RiseAbove because of their Tier 1 status. Next time I WILL be ordering from DJI direct.

What I don't understand is why riseabove - as a tier 1 dealer - says they've received no mavics, while other dealers have. So much for 'we'll get it first'....

The only good thing with riseabove, so far, is that they only take a $100 deposit, whereas model flight charges you the full price up front.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Auspete
Be careful. When Modelflight say they are getting some in it probably means they are getting a 'delivery'. I have read some dealer in the US have had deliveries but when they ordered 100 they only got 10.
My order is with RiseAbove and I ordered the minute their website listed them. They ordered 100 from DJI. There's no way DJI will ship them 100. DJI would rather satisfy their direct order customers first. Think about it. DJI get more profit from direct orders than from dealers. Love to hear from what RiseAbove have to say but I guess it'll be 'We have still had no confirmation from DJI about delivery date'
The moment they have a confirmed date I'm sure they will contact all the customers who are going to have their order fulfilled. And that won't be 100 customers for sure. More like 10 :)

While it's true that dji makes more profit per direct sale than to dealer-originated sale, I'm not sure that that translates into more profit overall. I'd imagine that manufacturers sell through others as a means of increasing sales (potentially exponentially). If this is true, they have a strong incentive to treat their dealers with respect by not concentrating on direct sales, but rather by carefully balancing direct and dealer sales. Just my opinion, anyway...

I think some dealers IMHO maybe telling lies, I went with Erlk Robotics here in Freo because once my warranty expires I can go back to these guys and they can do repairs on the spot.

Just called them. They told me they have heard nothing from DJI about any shipments, But they are 'expecting a delivery within 2-3 weeks.'
Not their fault I know. I did choose RiseAbove because of their Tier 1 status. Next time I WILL be ordering from DJI direct.
They just told me today they are starting to receive units and start shipping....

I'm up in Karratha in the NW of Australia and I have had my Mavic for about 2.5 weeks. You can check out some of the videos on tmr9999. Just FYI I'm new to youtube and high quality drone filming so apologies if the videos suck.

I just did a little detective work and I think a seller on Scumtree is using his business to profiteer via private sales on a Fly More Bundles. I bought the first one paying a premium and now I see a second one under the same seller. Smarter than Aventurex (sp) I guess.

If it was a once-only price-gouge sell then I wouldn't bat an eye..

Elk fish have confirmed 7/12 to be the latest the preorders will take to arrive, now we wait

Seems Riseabove got two from DJI today and one of them is mine.Thumbswayup
Also found out today that Mr Toys in Brisbane CBD got some in today as well. One lucky person I know on Facebook called up and got it. Don't bother ringing them as they are now out of them.
It might be worth ringing around a few Mr. Toys and see if there are more anywhere too. You might get lucky.

Also found out today that Mr Toys in Brisbane CBD got some in today as well. One lucky person I know on Facebook called up and got it. Don't bother ringing them as they are now out of them.
It might be worth ringing around a few Mr. Toys and see if there are more anywhere too. You might get lucky.
Congratulations - I still haven't hear anything from riseabove, including the update email that someone posted the other day. I've placed an order with Model Flight, and will see who gets one for me first. Thanks for the suggestion re: Mr toys, but at this point, I'll just wait...

I hope you enjoy yours.

When d
When did you order from rise above? I ordered on the 11th Oct. Might still be a wait for me. Report back how the flights go.

Congratulations - I still haven't hear anything from riseabove, including the update email that someone posted the other day. I've placed an order with Model Flight, and will see who gets one for me first. Thanks for the suggestion re: Mr toys, but at this point, I'll just wait...

I hope you enjoy yours.

Did you have to pay a deposit to get in the list?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S