DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Aircraft will not connect at all! HELP PLEASE!

dizzo

Reactions
Hey fellow flyers,

Recently purchased my first drone which was a DJI Mavic Pro. Apparently I was a bit too anxious to fly the thing I missed a few important steps in updated firmware which I am well aware of now. smh. Earlier this week I received notification via the app I was to update the firmware, in which I started updating it not realizing my phone was about to die. Well it did, and now I come to update the firmware via laptop with Assistant 2. And now the Mavic will not update any of the options as shown. I also tried flying it with wifi and it wouldn't work either (won't show on as a wifi option).

I believe the problem is with the drone itself, being that my app says the remote control is connected when connected. But my remote screen stays on "connecting" during that, while the drone quickly flashes yellow. Ive tried all the possible ways as seen through youtube. Ive probably watched all the videos and learned how to fix every problem with the drone now, EXCEPT THIS. LOL. Please help guys, never realized it'd be this confusing.

Thank you all in advance,

Dizzo

Restart rc and mp. Then update all using WiFi/data. Because in my experience DJI assistant is a hit or miss on me :(

k, whats mp? sorry, new to this drone world hehe, and is there a proper way of "restarting" besides turning it off, and back on?

MP is Mavic Pro.

Just start again with a full drone battery and a full RC battery and yes you guessed it a full phone battery. :)

MP is Mavic Pro.

Just start again with a full drone battery and a full RC battery and yes you guessed it a full phone battery. :)

That was actually what I tried today, a few times actually. No luck...sigh**

I do appreciate it though

OK then you need to use DJI Assistant 2 and refresh your firmware on the drone and the controller.

Have you tried to refresh the install ?

OK then you need to use DJI Assistant 2 and refresh your firmware on the drone and the controller.

Have you tried to refresh the install ?

Thank you Anthony.
I do have DJI Assistant 2, I have tried several times. It will go all the way to 100% update, but always says UPDATE FAIL, and the current firmware will be blank. As for the remote, the remote updates just fine. But the aircraft will not budge connecting with the remote, app or wifi.

Thank you Anthony.
I do have DJI Assistant 2, I have tried several times. It will go all the way to 100% update, but always says UPDATE FAIL, and the current firmware will be blank. As for the remote, the remote updates just fine. But the aircraft will not budge connecting with the remote, app or wifi.

If the update is failing in Assistant 2 then I would open a support call with DJI online chat, in the past they have been able to send out a special update to correct failed firmware updates. I cant really think of any other way to get the firmware to complete sorry.

You are sure that the RC is paired with the Mavic ?

And the mavic is in RC mode and not WIFI mode ?

If the update is failing in Assistant 2 then I would open a support call with DJI online chat, in the past they have been able to send out a special update to correct failed firmware updates. I cant really think of any other way to get the firmware to complete sorry.

That sounds like the best solution at this moment, thank you. Would you happen to know how I can go about that? Im so new to this, I wouldn't even know the first step to make this happen.

That sounds like the best solution at this moment, thank you. Would you happen to know how I can go about that? Im so new to this, I wouldn't even know the first step to make this happen.

Navigate through the DJI website to the help section. There you will be able to chat online/open a case

You may also try a different cable so that you can rule out a faulty or intermittenty faulty cable.

You can also switch the RC / WiFi switch on the Mavic Pro's body back and forth in succession to make sure that the switch is seated properly in the RC position. A pen tip or rigid paperclip that has been straightened out is a good way to go about it.

I assume you tried the Factory Reset option in Assistant 2?
Also, maybe try a forced flash using a third party tool like DUMLdore.
Just a thought.

I assume you tried the Factory Reset option in Assistant 2?
Also, maybe try a forced flash using a third party tool like DUMLdore.
Just a thought.

Thank you Mred 32. I have tried the factory reset option as it denied that as well. I may consider trying your other option, if you don't mind elaborating a little more in details. I do appreciate that as well.

You may also try a different cable so that you can rule out a faulty or intermittenty faulty cable.

You can also switch the RC / WiFi switch on the Mavic Pro's body back and forth in succession to make sure that the switch is seated properly in the RC position. A pen tip or rigid paperclip that has been straightened out is a good way to go about it.

Thank you BD0G, Ive tried them all multiple times, in different variations as well. just no luck with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54