DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro blurred video

Norman Pyett

Reactions
Recently purchase used Mavic Pro in mint condition. Just did a test flight and the video is blurred. I also own a Mavic Air so I'm not new to drone flying. Is there a setting that I'm missing??
Thanks in advance
Norm

Did you touch the screen to focus? Might have been focused on something close if you were videoing distant scenery.

Reactions: Recoveryone
Is the blurriness all over or just to some spots, like the sides ?
It's been a problem for many M1P owners.

If you try auto focus, or manual focus infinity, tap screen to focus etc, and it is still a problem, then it could be something that's not fixable.
This fellow tried all the ways on YouTube with no luck, he runs through solutions that sometimes work . . .

Billy Kyle covered all the focus options pretty well in this video, maybe double check and try all these focus methods, before checking again.

Hopefully you can work it out to a positive result for this aircraft.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Hi Greg, yes several times on different area of the screen.

Thanks Norm
Norm,
I had that happen ...just once. Did not notice until I pulled the card and played back. The entire video screen was blurry. Next time, I made sure I touched the screen on the spot farthest away, which makes it infinity, and it came out perfect. Must have been a glitch, or I touched it and didn't know it. I always blame it on Gremlins!!!
When you figure it out, please post how!

Over the years I have purchased 5 camera barrels and 4 gimbals for my MPP. I had one camera barrel that stopped focusing altogether at the end of a flight. Could never get it to focus again. For all the replacement cameras I have used on the MPP, almost all had some blurry areas near the edge. I have only one that is almost perfect.

In summary, they are imperfect, they vary in quality, and they can fail completely.

Hello all, did a test run two days ago after IMU calibration and camera setting adjustments. The outcome is the same. Test conditions: Cloudy day. I'm taking it out again this afternoon with bright sunshine. :-(

Another thought! Is this problem fixable? is there a reputable repair company?

Latest update: Launched the mavic pro today and after approx. 40 mins of flight time I crashed the drone in the lake. Fortunately I retrieved it and cleaned with rubbing alcohol the placed it in rice.
I was able to dry off the SD card with no issues.
Blurred images continued.

If I'm going to fix this can I change the camera itself or do i have to replace the whole gimble unit.

Thanks for the help
Norm

Last edited:
Hello all, did a test run two days ago after IMU calibration and camera setting adjustments. The outcome is the same. Test conditions: Cloudy day. I'm taking it out again this afternoon with bright sunshine. :-(

Another thought! Is this problem fixable? is there a reputable repair company?
Can you put up a link to a video so we can see? I had some issues with video from my Mavic Pro looking terrible. It was all blurry, full of glare and glitchy and grainy in spots. I learned how to set the EV to get rid of the overexposure and glare. The rest turned out to be how I was uploading the videos and using dropbox for storing them. (Or me screwing something up in the uploads?)

Anyway I was using a card reader on my iohone and uploading to dropbox. Seemed very convenient and quite fast. But the video always sucked. @Phantomrain.org and I pondered over what in the heck could be wrong with my M1P camera for weeks. I was almost to the point of selling my Platinum and saying to heck with this video stuff. Then I got an Imac and uploaded the video by putting the sd card in that and uploading to Youtube. Holy cow! The video is sharp, clear and generally much better for an amateur like me.

So to make a long story short, don’t assume it is always a problem with hardware when you have terrible video quality.

Mike

Can you put up a link to a video so we can see? I had some issues with video from my Mavic Pro looking terrible. It was all blurry, full of glare and glitchy and grainy in spots. I learned how to set the EV to get rid of the overexposure and glare. The rest turned out to be how I was uploading the videos and using dropbox for storing them. (Or me screwing something up in the uploads?)

Anyway I was using a card reader on my iohone and uploading to dropbox. Seemed very convenient and quite fast. But the video always sucked. @Phantomrain.org and I pondered over what in the heck could be wrong with my M1P camera for weeks. I was almost to the point of selling my Platinum and saying to heck with this video stuff. Then I got an Imac and uploaded the video by putting the sd card in that and uploading to Youtube. Holy cow! The video is sharp, clear and generally much better for an amateur like me.

So to make a long story short, don’t assume it is always a problem with hardware when you have terrible video quality.

Mike
Slozukimc
Attached is my dropbox file

Where did you pull the video file from? Is it from your phone or directly off the SD card? It's hard to tell from what you uploaded, but it looks like your issue might be compression-related and not a focus thing (or that could just be an issue with the upload...). Have you made sure you're looking at the actual file and not the preview that saves to your phone?

Some other troubleshooting questions that might be helpful:
  • Does this issue happen with photos as well, or only with video?
  • Does the issue persist across devices? (Viewing on a phone vs. on a laptop for desktop, for instance)
  • What video settings did you use to capture this clip? Does this issue persist when you change settings?
  • When using the manual focus slider in the app, can you see the focus shift on screen, or does it seem stuck?
  • How much do you know about the history of this drone? Can the previous owner give any details about any events that may have caused damage to the camera?
Hope you get it figured out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan