DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro does not support NTFS on SD card

richtroy

Reactions
None of my home entertainment components seem to be able to read exFAT from the 64 GB SD card I use with the Mavic Pro.

I have the Roku Ultra, an LG OLED TV, and an Asus wireless access point with a media server. None of them read exFAT.

I tried formatting the SD card to NTFS. The Mavic Pro complained it could not read it.

Looks like I will have to transfer content from the Mavic Pro through another mechanism.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Most recent embedded devices read ExFAT, but not all.
Nearly none will read NTFS.

You can try FAT32, but you will have to use a card that's 32GB max.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Same problem here, smart TV won't read the bigger card but did fine with the smaller stock card. If anyone comes up with a solution let me know because I would really like to pop the bigger card onto my 4K TV to watch video right away.

Same problem here, smart TV won't read the bigger card but did fine with the smaller stock card. If anyone comes up with a solution let me know because I would really like to pop the bigger card onto my 4K TV to watch video right away.

If the TV can't read ExFAT, that's it. Sometimes there's no solution.

"DJI Mavic Pro does not support NTFS on SD card" = "DJI Mavic Pro cannot run my Playstation games!"

slide_237530_1201307_free.jpg

What is the default format used by Mavic Platinum? NTFS, FAT32 or EXTFAT?

You can try FAT32, but you will have to use a card that's 32GB max
Actually man can format larger SD cards to FAT32 too and there is a big chance that the device will be able to read it. Mavic is able of it.

What is the default format used by Mavic Platinum? NTFS, FAT32 or EXTFAT?
if you can read, two posts above yours is said, that Mavics cannot read NTFS and of course it's valid for MPPs too

there is no such a thing as "default format used by Mavic Platinum"
in general all cards <= 32 GB are formatted to FAT32 and larger cards to exFAT, it doesn't matter what kind of device is used for formatting
there are however specialized applications that can format any SD card to whatever filesystem you like

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911