DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

On the rcgroups, dr t (designer) just mentioned that the 1080p 60fps mode is solved by changing hardware. So probably not the cam and optics but control hardware.
No new cam, but it gains 1080p 60fps for recording and not just the goggles
Is this confirmed by DJI that the 1080p 60fps will now work? That limitation causes me lots of extra editing in comparison to my P4 that shoots just fine in 1080p. Can you direct me to the link for this discussion?

The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is now available for pre-order in the DJI Store here. It comes packed with the following new features:
  • New platinum color
  • New FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs
  • New 8331 propeller design
  • Up to 4 dB (60%) quieter than the Mavic Pro
  • Maximum flight time extended from 27 to 30 minutes
More information can be found on DJI's site here.

Will the new props work on the mavic pro? Will it have any change in the sound level?

That's pretty harsh for the best drone on the market. Like anything it has some very minor faults but in summary it is truly a magnificent flying video machine. Perhaps, you'd share your rational for calling the Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum "junk" when there is nothing else out that that compares to it. In my opinion it was worth every bit of the $$ I paid for it.

I looked at the MPP announcement with dread. They would improve it so much that my MP would be "old".

Hourrah!!! Nothing!!!

The one thing that truly needed improving was ignored. (Camera).

Improved endurance is nice. Props and sinusoidal ESC's.

Sinusoidal ESC's ... that's a nice. (I had that idea years ago ... damnit).

Can those props fit the old Mavic?

So if the new props fit the old MP we can upgrade and get some/most of the benefit perhaps.

At the extreme, an ESC refit could be done too.

Just bought mine a month ago. Doing a durability test on my forehead now. [emoji35]
Nothing to worry about. The only thing needing improvement was the camera. So they didn't do anything about it.

The new props/ESC are very nice, but you've missed nothing substantial.

Please forgive me for a daft question....

I'm soon to take the plunge and buy a Mavic. Is the Platinum replacing the current model or is it an additional model being added to the range. i.e. If I were to buy in a few weeks time will the original still be marketed or only until current stocks are exhausted?

Second question: If buying from scratch, is there any reason (apart from the slightly higher price) not to go for the Platinum? It sounds as if an extra $100/£100 is worth the slightly longer flight time and decreased noise.

Thoughts?

If you want it soon the MP won't disappoint. As @collins points out, the MP for a first generation new design is remarkably good. You risk a long wait for the MPP.

Like many, my first question was, well can't I just put the "newly designed props" on my original Mavic? Saw the post where DJI folks said that the new props on an original Mavic would probably not be as quiet. Since we are not all standing out there flying our Mavics with a decibel-meter, this is sounding (pardon the pun) like a lot of Placebo effect. . .oh, trust us. . .it WILL be quieter.

Then, while you are flying it, "See, can you hear how much quieter it is?" "No, you can't hear it?" "Exactly!"

I was just hoping for the "DJI Mavic Standard" where they just make the body out of lead to decrease the battery life by 52% and the range to 30 meters and the camera come "pre-broken."

Reactions: FlyingTom
All the hype about "extended flight time" !!! Sorry but to me 3 min is not a big deal nor worth the $100, sound reduction is nice but let's be honest it's not all that bad.

Others have said the camera stinks but I have learned that regardless the product even if good ppl will complain wanting something better, I like the photos and video the MP takes.

Bottom line is the platinum worth the hype and money, no, but that's my opinion and sure others may disagree.

So DJI's beta testing is complete and the final product is being released. Those of us who purchased the MP are stuck with the 1080 downscaling issue. Nice DJI, nice. Glad I no longer purchase DJI.

I would bet there is absolutely no changes to the camera. There is no hardware issues with the current one. BTW the last person I would trust is a "DJI Rep"

If there were changes they would be in the updates spec list.

The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is now available for pre-order in the DJI Store here. It comes packed with the following new features:
  • New platinum color
  • New FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs
  • New 8331 propeller design
  • Up to 4 dB (60%) quieter than the Mavic Pro
  • Maximum flight time extended from 27 to 30 minutes
More information can be found on DJI's site here.

I think this just makes us all realise just how good our MP's really are, I was expecting a massive overhaul in design, but i agree if it's not broke don't fix it.
The MP is an excellent drone, and if the best Dji can do is a new lick of paint some, new ESC's and some new props, I think we should be even more proud of our wonderful drone.

I really can’t be arsed for the little extra fly time you get ,would it be 1-1+min max in reality ?!
And who gives a **** what sound it makes when it’s 3 miles away LOL

well. I've bought a bunch of Mavic accessories but haven't yet got the Mavic. Clearly the platinum would be the one to go for but..

Guaranteed the new colour batteries will be in short supply (so no combo kit for weeks)

Also- if the props are cross compatible does that mean existing Mavic props will work on the new platinum?

I also bought the prop cages/tennis racquet thing. Will these now work? I be a bit p***ed if they don't because I hauled them back from the USA

The Platinum MP looks identical in body to the original MP, I wouldn't worry all the accessories should fit visa-versa,

Reactions: noka

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986