DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is now available for pre-order in the DJI Store here. It comes packed with the following new features:
  • New platinum color
  • New FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs
  • New 8331 propeller design
  • Up to 4 dB (60%) quieter than the Mavic Pro
  • Maximum flight time extended from 27 to 30 minutes
More information can be found on DJI's site here.

Last edited:
It's the same camera as the Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Anthonytoyo
It looks like they changed the prop design, and the (edit) ESC's are revamped.

Last edited:
Reactions: limbows
Reactions: Rbruz
It's sporting a new set of 8331 props, but the battery has not been changed (other than the color).
The new flight time estimates are pulling from internal redesign or simply those props are more efficient?

DJI shows $10 on those props, so that would be a nice upgrade to existing mavics if that is the case.

I think it's more of an ESC issue with regard to battery life than changes to the actual battery. I'm still confused about whether the optics are different/improved.

Dang I was really hoping for more than that, love my mavic but would have diffently picked up this one too if it had bigger impr
On the rcgroups, dr t (designer) just mentioned that the 1080p 60fps mode is solved by changing hardware. So probably not the cam and optics but control hardware.
No new cam, but it gains 1080p 60fps for recording and not just the goggles
Since I know nothing about cameras, is that a big improvement?

Reactions: deansta and Rbruz
I read an article that says the db reduction is due to the newly designed propellars that can also work on the original mavick...so i wonder if we will get the db decrease on the original by using a set of the platinum propellars once we are able to buy them alone?....

I read an article that says the db reduction is due to the newly designed propellars that can also work on the original mavick...so i wonder if we will get the db decrease on the original by using a set of the platinum propellars once we are able to buy them alone?....
It seems that way. and if the battery improvement is because of those props, then this will be a great add-on for existing mavics. @$10 its a no brainer.

well. I've bought a bunch of Mavic accessories but haven't yet got the Mavic. Clearly the platinum would be the one to go for but..

Guaranteed the new colour batteries will be in short supply (so no combo kit for weeks)

Also- if the props are cross compatible does that mean existing Mavic props will work on the new platinum?

I also bought the prop cages/tennis racquet thing. Will these now work? I be a bit p***ed if they don't because I hauled them back from the USA

Not worth the money.
Change your props and buy a custom decal. No one will know the difference. A pity they did not improve the camera, now that would have made it worth while.

Rob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13