DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

Every time DJI comes out with a new products , they are always short handed. The new props are Back ordered already.

That's done deliberately!
It builds up artificial hype for the product and then they release a few to company Vbloggers who tell you all the great things and forget to mention the bad. Now they have people ordering at fever pitch and the $$ are rolling in.

BTW DJI is not the only company to do this. Nintendo has been using the same technique with the "Nintendo Switch".

Rob

Will the new props run on the, "basic" mPRO?

Yes, you just don't see the exact same endurance increase because of the slightly different ESCs in the Platinum.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Every time DJI comes out with a new products , they are always short handed. The new props are Back ordered already.
Not back ordered!! For the love of Pete... They have never been on sale, which they'd have to be to be back ordered.

If anything, they are on "pre-sale".

This is exactly how "fake news" gets around...

Why are there so many upset people about the platinum? So many negative things to say about DJI...I'm just as guilty.

OK, it's not a major overhaul, but there is some improvement (supposedly), and if you don't want new props, don't buy them!

Do we really have such a dislike for DJI for them marketing this version? Are they not entitled to make a buck?

These message boards are filled with so many anti-DJI posts, and it's getting kind of lame. So many conspiracy theories about a platinum version. Do you know how common this is in the auto industry, for one example? Add/change a feature or 2, give the vehicle a special name, like "Denali" or "Special Edition" , and charge extra...

I love my original Mavic, pre-ordered some newly designed props for 20 measly bucks, and I'm going to enjoy it as much as I do now.

Last edited:
Why are there so many upset people about the platinum? So many negative things to say about DJI...I'm just as guilty.

OK, it's not a major overhaul, but there is some improvement (supposedly), and if you don't want new props, don't buy them!

Do we really have such a dislike for DJI for them marketing this version? Are they not entitled to make a buck?

These message boards are filled with so many anti-DJI posts, and it's getting kind of lame. So many conspiracy theories about a platinum version. Do you know how common this is in the auto industry, for one example? Add/change a feature or 2, give the vehicle a special name, like "Denali" or "Special Edition" , and charge extra...

I love my original Mavic, pre-ordered some newly designed props for 20 measly bucks, and I'm going to enjoy it as much as I do now.

Well said. Get some of the new props when they're out and enjoy your slightly enhanced Mavic Pro until the Mavic Pro 2 arrives in the future! :cool: Safe flying.

You actually ordered them? Or did you request to be notified when in stock? As far as I know, no one has actually ordered/pre-ordered them yet.

For anyone who was waiting, the Mavic Pro Platinum is now available for pre-order here in the DJI Store. The current estimated ship date is September 25th.

The tip design changes are not "vortex generators" but vortex reducers. Generating vortexes at the tips (unavoidable) just wastes energy (higher induced drag). Avoid vortex generation and you save the energy needed to make them, in other words.

Winglets and/or high aspect ratio designs reduce vortices at the tips and thus reduce energy loss.

May also (in this case) reduce VRS and could allow for greater descent rates (though I don't think they've changes the maximum vertical rate in the MPP.

The tips of these blades are suddenly higher aspect ratio - less induced drag - less vortex - less energy used.

Probably helps reduce the noise consequently.
Correct Winglets! My Bad!

I can't see enough advantages,to kick my MP to the curb, for this one?

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
A DJI employee mentioned on the DJI forums that new MPP has advanced hardware to provide useable 1080P at 60fps. Whether that's true or not, it will be seen in a few weeks when people start to receive their new birds

i cant picture DJI redesigning the camera to allow better quality at 60 FPS on the 1080 res only.

They should have thrown the whole lot in the bin and started again instead of fixing what should have been correct in the fist place.

The camera already is shooting 1080/60.

I dont think DJI did anything other that software for camera and now "reps" are spreading rumours online.
It’s pretty much unusable at 60+ FPS. It looks like crap. TahoeEd specifically said hardware was changed for this reason, but who know what exactly.

Maybe the video control board had an update to help with limitations at 1080.

If DJI acknowledge that the MP camera is sub-par when using 60/1080, will they replace/update the hardware for current users still within the warranty period? o_O
I think back in 2016 it was confirmed by DJI that MP's 1080p@60fps was not meant for video recording but for Goggles. They had announced that with an open letter publicly and officially.

The new MPP is a new product and any claims to replace/fix the old MP due to the improvements happened on a different , newer product don't seem reasonable enough to get fulfilled. Although I personally feel very disappointed because 1080P @ 60fps was top in my wishlist when I bought it.

i cant picture DJI redesigning the camera to allow better quality at 60 FPS on the 1080 res only.

They should have thrown the whole lot in the bin and started again instead of fixing what should have been correct in the fist place.

The camera already is shooting 1080/60.

I don't think it was a camera issue but a data processing and/or transport issue that prevented 1080/60 well. So changing some hardware between the camera and storage is probably what was done.

Any reason the Platinum won't be able to rollback the firmware to .700 or prior?

My guess is tha there are some internal changes that will prevent older firmware installation and parameter changes. I can't imagine why else they would release a nearly identical model.....on the other hand, I guess quite a few will upgrade just to have the latest....

Reactions: gppms
The firmware lock isn't reality - only conjecture at this point. My original question remains - is there anything intrinsically different about the Platinum that would lead one to believe regular Mavic firmware rollbacks wouldn't work? Do we really believe that Platinum's will be running distinctly different firmware from Pro's? If they've only marginally adjusted the ESC and changed out the props, why would they diverge the firmwares and upgrade process instead of sticking with one line of firmware/software for both. Heck they don't even use different versions of the DJI Go app for completely different DJI birds. Just asking...

"why would they diverge the firmwares and upgrade process instead of sticking with one line of firmware/software for both" Ummm, because that was probably the whole purpose of the "upgrade"...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser