DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MAVIC PRO STUCK IN NFZ AND WONT RTH?

I had a similar problem. Sometimes in flight a message appears telling me I am near or in a NFZ even though I am no where near one. I think that is an error of some sort and at least not connected to the FW. It happened while I was flying with a friend (same FW on his Mavic) I got the message he didn't. I had eventualy fixed the problem, but will not say how here.
As for the "junk" PT-Mavic writes about, it is true DJI has a lot of errors in there data base, like airports with no NFZs or closed down airfields that do have. The good part is they are willing to correct them. I contacted DJI about a major airport in my area that did not have a NFZ and a airfield that was closed since 2009 that had a NFZ and they corrected these issues (took them about 2 months). So if you find NFZ where there shouldn't be any just send a e-mail to DJI about it.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
I contacted DJI about a major airport in my area that did not have a NFZ and a airfield that was closed since 2009 that had a NFZ and they corrected these issues (took them about 2 months). So if you find NFZ where there shouldn't be any just send a e-mail to DJI about it.
That's a good solution, unless you won't be in that location in two months, or ever again in your life, and missed a gorgeous flight because of DJI screwups.

Reactions: Youser
What Rudolf says. The only time my Mavic has behaved like this was when it was in RTH and flying towards the sun. The sun is misinterpreted as an obstacle. My Mavic stopped going forward and tried to climb over by going higher (without success )

Probably didn’t have gps set before flying in nfz and then it kicked in and wouldn’t let him out. Maybe?

Besides this, there have been a few other suggestions like accidental pause button, or rth into the sun.

If the OP can upload flight record, could this help determine the issue ??

What I meant was that I'm responsible for checking out actual, real NFZs where I'm planning to fly, am aware of them and have removed DJI's control over whether my drone can fly or not - because very often DJI is dead wrong about NFZ designations (there's a lot of junk in their database, and ill-defined boundaries that don't match reality) and in the USA nobody has designated them the Drone Police. No other drone manufacturer is arrogant enough to assert that capability.

I got my pilot's license long ago and am happy to help ensure we all safely share airspace, but I don't need the "help" of people thousands of miles away who have been proven wrong over and over.

We've had many reports of DJI products being grounded for no good reason; I had enough of that some time ago, so I fixed it.
“So I fixed it” how??

Hi fellow Mavic users,
Today I went to have a flight at the mountain near my house in Yiwu, China. I took off and went for about 500m away from Take off location and then suddenly the NFZ warning appear, I then quickly press RTH, however otw back home my mavic got stuck in the middle during the route back (It will just hover and wont move) and the controller state NFZ and I can move my mavic just only up and down in height. My Mavic hover at the same spot since the battery was 55% until about 20% and the mavic wanted to emerygency land right there in the middle of the jungle. I try to stop landing (and since it cant land because it not flat ground.) until the battery was about 10% left and suddenly i got back the control and quicky flew back to home. It was a shocking and devastating experience I wonder do u guys have any advice in this kind of situation. Im pretty new to drone this is my second time to fly so if u guys have any advice feel free to share.
Cheers!

I had the same problem in Colorado at a long distance attempt. Ground was flat, with a mountain range at 4.5 miles away. 8:30 am clear day at 7000 ft ranches near Westcliffe. Took off, strong signal and at 2.3 miles away the warning telling me that battery power is only sufficient for returning home NOW. Immediately, for ease of beginning the trip home so I could play with the camera using both hands, I hit RTH, (which I normally never do because I enjoy practicing approach and landings). Drone just turned toward me and froze. I wondered if it was because it now faces the sun and couldn’t “see” in the glare of the sun (camera cover removed always, and I had a neutral density filter on for sunny days). Tried to turn away from the sun and fly backwards home, canceling RTH. NOTHING. TIME GOING BY. I know I cannot make it home so I want to lower altitude to avoid crash landing if battery eventually dies...NOTHING, it won’t drop altitude!! I keep my stick down for descent in case it ‘wakes up and unfreezes’. Try flying sideways, no luck but eventually it begins descent manually so I start flying fast back towed me in an angled approach toward home and then the lower altitude (had been at 200+ feet but as I flew toward the mountain range elevation had to be increased slightly along the way. Began additional descent and found a flat spot in a cow pasture a few feet from a low fence, a mile from home, and landing commenced at 9% battery, unstoppably. From 30’ feet toward the ground I was still positioning it for the clearest spot, looking down w camera.
Landed softly and safely. Retrieved using google maps, which nicely kept the spot of last know location even after the battery was dead. Recovery no problem as I viewed google maps and watch my blue dot moving toward the stationary dot (drone).
Still have no idea why it wouldn’t return to home. Have had little problem since. I choose to do all updates, but if DJI ever limits my altitude or range or flight locations I’m done with them. As long as I can fly where I choose (obviously not flying near airports, stadiums full of people and so forth) then I will keep using their product. (Mavic pro)

Hi fellow Mavic users,
Today I went to have a flight at the mountain near my house in Yiwu, China. I took off and went for about 500m away from Take off location and then suddenly the NFZ warning appear, I then quickly press RTH, however otw back home my mavic got stuck in the middle during the route back (It will just hover and wont move) and the controller state NFZ and I can move my mavic just only up and down in height. My Mavic hover at the same spot since the battery was 55% until about 20% and the mavic wanted to emerygency land right there in the middle of the jungle. I try to stop landing (and since it cant land because it not flat ground.) until the battery was about 10% left and suddenly i got back the control and quicky flew back to home. It was a shocking and devastating experience I wonder do u guys have any advice in this kind of situation. Im pretty new to drone this is my second time to fly so if u guys have any advice feel free to share.
Cheers!
Hi fellow Mavic users,
Cheers!
I had the same problem in Colorado at a long distance attempt. Ground was flat, with a mountain range at 4.5 miles away. 8:30 am clear day at 7000 ft ranches near Westcliffe. Took off, strong signal and at 2.3 miles away the warning telling me that battery power is only sufficient for returning home NOW. Immediately, for ease of beginning the trip home so I could play with the camera using both hands, I hit RTH, (which I normally never do because I enjoy practicing approach and landings). Drone just turned toward me and froze. I wondered if it was because it now faces the sun and couldn’t “see” in the glare of the sun (camera cover removed always, and I had a neutral density filter on for sunny days). Tried to turn away from the sun and fly backwards home, canceling RTH. NOTHING. TIME GOING BY. I know I cannot make it home so I want to lower altitude to avoid crash landing if battery eventually dies...NOTHING, it won’t drop altitude!! I keep my stick down for descent in case it ‘wakes up and unfreezes’. Try flying sideways, no luck but eventually it begins descent manually so I start flying fast back towed me in an angled approach toward home and then the lower altitude (had been at 200+ feet but as I flew toward the mountain range elevation had to be increased slightly along the way. Began additional descent and found a flat spot in a cow pasture a few feet from a low fence, a mile from home, and landing commenced at 9% battery, unstoppably. From 30’ feet toward the ground I was still positioning it for the clearest spot, looking down w camera.
Landed softly and safely. Retrieved using google maps, which nicely kept the spot of last know location even after the battery was dead. Recovery no problem as I viewed google maps and watch my blue dot moving toward the stationary dot (drone).
Still have no idea why it wouldn’t return to home. Have had little problem since. I choose to do all updates, but if DJI ever limits my altitude or range or flight locations I’m done with them. As long as I can fly where I choose (obviously not flying near airports, stadiums full of people and so forth) then I will keep using their product. (Mavic pro)
And by the way, I got an obstacle avoidance warning at 200+ feet and there was nothing anywhere within 5 miles that was taller than a telephone pole. No airspace warnings out there either. No private airstrips warning or anything.

And by the way, I got an obstacle avoidance warning at 200+ feet and there was nothing anywhere within 5 miles that was taller than a telephone pole. No airspace warnings out there either. No private airstrips warning or anything.

In addition, even at 2.3 miles downrange my signal strength was excellent due to the crisp morning and altitude and absence of obstacles. The mountain range was beyond the drone by two miles and probably acted like a parabolic dish aiding in signal transmission from my clonter to the drone, which further mystified me why the drone just hovered and refused to turn or move despite strong signals (I also have antenna mounted little plastic and foil range extenders mounted that I bought that slide over the controller antennae. Signal strength was still four bars. The reason for turning around was a battery life warning that I had enough to return only if I began immediately so I did try to return immediately.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d