DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI max distance

Re-installing the app and signing in fixes the GO 4 distance problem. Litchi doesn't fix though.
I'll start a separate Litchi Thread.

Same problem. Updated latest firmware and I'm limited to 98 feet. Very frustrated. I hope this get's fixed quickly, I had planned to fly this weekend with my son and couldn't do it. Very disppointed

Same problem. Updated latest firmware and I'm limited to 98 feet. Very frustrated. I hope this get's fixed quickly, I had planned to fly this weekend with my son and couldn't do it. Very disppointed

Are you using the dji 4 go app to fly or another app ??

iPhone 5s in airplane mode.
Ok i deleted the DJI GO 4 app and re installed it and now i no longer have the flight restrictions using my Apple mini 4. I dont know if this has something to do with apple only or what. but i go back and forth with Andriod and apple product. I never Get that restriction with my NOTE 3

Same issue I've deleted the app and re loaded it. Logged out and back in, not in beginner mode, checked the manual, still the same. Really Anoyed

WHOOO HOOOOOO its all ok, steps taken
  • Ensure all firmware updates done
  • Sign out of app
  • Delete app from iPhone
  • Power phone off
  • Power phone on
  • Reload app to phone
  • Sign In

Go have fun

Solution:

I had this same issue when I upgraded the version. In my case, the process logged me out of the DJI smartphone app. You can still use the app when you are logged out, but you will have a 30m height limit and a similar distance limit. Once I had logged back in the app (actually re-entering my user name and password...), those limits disappeared. Hopefully, this will be the case for you as well. :)

Iam all updated on mine, no problems at all,I use iPad mini and in the settings you can set distance and hight,,Cam can go as high as I want and have known it will do 8800feet,no problem and live in the sticks ,wood all around me,
I guess cam just got a good one..
make sure the beginners mode is not on..
thanks,,happy flying

I've had my Mavic for a few months. Everything was working great until today when it limited its max distance to approximately 150 feet. The settings in the controller are not restricting max distance. I have flown in this same are and never had any restrictions. Today, after having this issue, I updated the firmware and am still getting the same error. I am also logged into the DJI Go app.

Any suggestions on how to address this issue?
Russian firmware lol

I've had my Mavic for a few months. Everything was working great until today when it limited its max distance to approximately 150 feet. The settings in the controller are not restricting max distance. I have flown in this same are and never had any restrictions. Today, after having this issue, I updated the firmware and am still getting the same error. I am also logged into the DJI Go app.

Any suggestions on how to address this issue?

I had the same issue... make sure you are also running the latest version of DJI Go. The latest version prompts you to log in when you start it. If you are using all the latest firmware with an out of date DJI Go, it will limit range and altitude.

I have problem starting yesterday in .800
I believe each time you upgrading it ask you to sign. It need to be sign in once. Cannot fly without the phone. Start the application with the phone connected . Once it connected, you can literally remove your phone and fly with line of sight with no restrictions . Found that out with other mavic owners sharing their experience.

i get that from DJI forum ... but i did not try it now

If someone car test it and give his feedback

Sign out of the DJI Go 4 App and then log into your DJI account in the App while connected to the internet. Check all your settings because some of them will return to default values, you will adjust them after the update to suit your preference. See information below:
You only need to do this once after the updates and you do not need to be connected to the internet afterwards.
Rich

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
New Procedure Requires Login After Update; Password Reset Available

This new step, to take effect at the end of next week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.
Figured this out when this LIMITATION occurred after updating. I think I got some advice from the Forum which registered in my memory after "previously Panicking".

I currently running on firmware 1.103.1000 and DJI GO 4.1.8 with fcc mod, so far on altitude higher than 150M no issues. After I do FCC mod, distance and height not the problem. Now, I want to fine tune my mavic pro, try get long flight time and minimize the interference

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki