DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI max distance

i get that from DJI forum ... but i did not try it now

If someone car test it and give his feedback

Sign out of the DJI Go 4 App and then log into your DJI account in the App while connected to the internet. Check all your settings because some of them will return to default values, you will adjust them after the update to suit your preference. See information below:
You only need to do this once after the updates and you do not need to be connected to the internet afterwards.
Rich

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
New Procedure Requires Login After Update; Password Reset Available

This new step, to take effect at the end of next week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

I tried this but still the same issue. Have latest firmware update, latest software update, have signed out of Go App, checked settings, signed back in while connected..... still stops at 50 meters saying max distance reached. Frustrating

Reactions: Psulli16
it looks like DJI is enforcing their new GEO ..

Excerpt from an e-mail we received a couple of weeks before:

Dear developer,

In July, DJI aircraft firmware will require mobile applications that control DJI aircraft to be activated with the user’s DJI account, if that application is being used in China. This will ensure operators use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for their aircraft, as determined by their geographical location and user profile.

A summary of the activation system is:
On July 1, this feature will go live on all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware
Users in China will be required to activate their application by logging into their DJI account at least once every three months within the application
Activation will be persistent in the application until the user logs out
A data connection will be required to log into a DJI account
Outside of China, the SDK will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in
If an application is not activated, or a legacy version of the SDK is being used, all camera live streams will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a cylinder of 100m diameter and 30m height to ensure the aircraft stays within line of sight.

it looks like DJI is enforcing their new GEO ..

Excerpt from an e-mail we received a couple of weeks before:

Dear developer,

In July, DJI aircraft firmware will require mobile applications that control DJI aircraft to be activated with the user’s DJI account, if that application is being used in China. This will ensure operators use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for their aircraft, as determined by their geographical location and user profile.

A summary of the activation system is:
On July 1, this feature will go live on all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware
Users in China will be required to activate their application by logging into their DJI account at least once every three months within the application
Activation will be persistent in the application until the user logs out
A data connection will be required to log into a DJI account
Outside of China, the SDK will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in
If an application is not activated, or a legacy version of the SDK is being used, all camera live streams will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a cylinder of 100m diameter and 30m height to ensure the aircraft stays within line of sight.
This didn't help me. Not sure which steps i might be missing?

which steps i might be missing?
- Log out from GO4

If that doesn't work, uninstall GO4, reboot device, install GO4, with Internet connection log in.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
K.

Thank you. Gonna uninstall and re-install now. Will let you know if it worked.
- Log out from GO4

If that doesn't work, uninstall GO4, reboot device, install GO4, with Internet connection log in.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
K.

Reactions: Keule
I've had my Mavic for a few months. Everything was working great until today when it limited its max distance to approximately 150 feet. The settings in the controller are not restricting max distance. I have flown in this same are and never had any restrictions. Today, after having this issue, I updated the firmware and am still getting the same error. I am also logged into the DJI Go app.

Any suggestions on how to address this issue?
#Solved! Uninstalled Go APP, reinstalled it and it works fine now.

I updated the the DJI GO app on my iPhone to the latest version and the problem went away.

I've had my Mavic for a few months. Everything was working great until today when it limited its max distance to approximately 150 feet. The settings in the controller are not restricting max distance. I have flown in this same are and never had any restrictions. Today, after having this issue, I updated the firmware and am still getting the same error. I am also logged into the DJI Go app.

Hey. I have the exact same problem as of yesterday. No issues ever. All my settings are correct. After doing the update I can no longer fly more than 150 feet away. I am at a loss and have been troubleshooting this for the last day.

Running the 900 firmware. Flew today using the GO app with no problems.
I then ran the litchi app and have the 150 foot limitation. I uninstalled the go app and still the same problem.
Is there a fix for the litchi app?

Same issue for me. I spent a good hour trying everything I could to reset the max distance. I just noticed this yesterday and is persisting into today... WFT haha seems like a lot of people are having this issue

i get that from DJI forum ... but i did not try it now

If someone car test it and give his feedback

Sign out of the DJI Go 4 App and then log into your DJI account in the App while connected to the internet. Check all your settings because some of them will return to default values, you will adjust them after the update to suit your preference. See information below:
You only need to do this once after the updates and you do not need to be connected to the internet afterwards.
Rich

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
New Procedure Requires Login After Update; Password Reset Available

This new step, to take effect at the end of next week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

Thank you!!! this worked! im free of my 50m tether!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan