DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 altitude cap at 95 feet with DJI fly app

ttuori

Reactions
I just recently got a dji mini 2 for christmas and im a novice with the app. in settings, max altitude is set to 400 feet (local limit) but the drone stops at about 95 feet. payload mode is off and otherwise it seems fine. ive seen similar errors but none for the DJI fly app, mostly DJI go4.
any help would be greatly appreciated

note: i am flying with no sd card as it got delayed in transit. would that have any affect?

Reactions: Grazuncle
Three things I can think of that will force limit of altitude and distance:
Beginner mode
Not having logged into the app
Took off without RC connected to app

Reactions: Drone Master
to my understanding there is no beginner mode in the DJI fly app, only the DJI go4 app. correct me if im wrong.
it happens when im logged in to my account with 20+ satellites and strong gps signal. camera feed works fine, i just cant fly above 95 feet

I don't know whether you're using propeller guards or not, but if you are, I'd suggest trying with them off.

Granted that you're saying payload mode is turned off, which should remove the limit that goes with things like prop guards. This said, software isn't always perfect. . . .

I know the first couple of times I flew my mini I had the same altitude restrictions and it was driving me crazy. I turned the payload switch on and off a few times. I restarted it the program a few times. Finally the problem just disappeared and I was able to fly to whatever height I wanted.

I know the first couple of times I flew my mini I had the same altitude restrictions and it was driving me crazy. I turned the payload switch on and off a few times. I restarted it the program a few times. Finally the problem just disappeared and I was able to fly to whatever height I wanted.
thanks, i’ll give that a shot :).
and no, i don’t have any actual payload on the drone. straight out of the box.

What is your max altitude, max distance and RTH set to?
Can you fly more than 95 feet away or is it just the height?

Ive been having the same issue now intermittently since I got the drone in November, just today one battery worked fine but the other three did not
I delete the app and re install it and it was fine for on flight.
Beginner mode is off as I completed it
Pay load is off
I have enough satellites, my max height is set to 390 feet
Someone mentioned about hovering before ascending and checking the map
I do all of this
Today briefly it kept yelling “ATTI MODE” at me which is another strange thing

I have had some perfect flights with it, but I am having some days where I use all three battery’s trying to take it above 90ft

someone please help

Ive been having the same issue now intermittently since I got the drone in November, just today one battery worked fine but the other three did not
Pay load is off
I do all of this

I have had some perfect flights with it, but I am having some days where I use all three battery’s trying to take it above 90ft

someone please help
Hi Steve, Have you got the latest fly app and also updated drone firmware to latest and also checked all 3 batteries have their own latest firmware?

Pay load is off
I do all of this

someone please help
i actually figured out my issue. the dji geo map didnt show that there was restricted airspace over my house. i'd recommend flying it somewhere else and see what happens

i actually figured out my issue. the dji geo map didnt show that there was restricted airspace over my house. i'd recommend flying it somewhere else and see what happens
I suggest downloading Kittyhawk or Airmap to get a better view of airspace in your area.

from the first few pages of the manual... (posted by the mod.. very useful thanks.. I have a Mini 2 coming in the next few days)

restriction to a height of 98.4ft (30m) is placed when not connected or logged into the app.

Reactions: Thomas B
i just got my drone recently and sometimes it does that too me won't let me go past 90 something feet. I think i landed and then took off again and it was fine. can't remember what else i did to make it go away. very annoying. now if the app will quit crashing up to 3 times in one flight.

I had the same thing today. I landed turned the console off and on again and it was fine. Happened twice very strange

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro