DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini 2 "motor stuck" in flight

mini2!

Reactions
Hello all,

I was flying with my mini 2 at 100+m altitude when i got an error: "motor stuck".

Drone started rotating and crashed pretty hard.
There was absolutely no obstacles in the air at that altitude also no rain, pretty warm day.

I contacted DJI and sent them drone and controller as i was requested.
I dont have Care refresh but drone is still under the warranty so I hope they will fix it for free.

Did anyone have similar situation and how it went with DJI?

Thanks!

If the drone is intact enough their are logs on the drone that DJI should be able to access, I have the impression they are reasonably fair about taking the blame if it proves to be a warranty matter.
Did you send them the .txt and DAT from the screen device, do you still have a copy of those logs.
It looks like you have uploaded the .txt to Phantomhelp, can you post the URL to the log here?

Yes I have sent the logs to DJI.
Even though drone crashed hard motors and camera still work, only gimbal doesnt.
Btw I would like to remain "anonymous" regarding the log files and location if that makes the sense :D

thx

fair enough

I had a similar problem with my mini 2. My experience was after I changed the propellers on the lower right side, when I went to take off, the screen said that the motor was stuck. I then manually rotated the engine and it seemed to be catching and not rotating smoothly. I gave a couple more twirls and it broke loose. I sent it up with no problem and have taken several full flights since then. I was thinking I may have put too much downward pressure when putting on the new propellers.

I had a similar problem with my mini 2. My experience was after I changed the propellers on the lower right side, when I went to take off, the screen said that the motor was stuck. I then manually rotated the engine and it seemed to be catching and not rotating smoothly. I gave a couple more twirls and it broke loose. I sent it up with no problem and have taken several full flights since then. I was thinking I may have put too much downward pressure when putting on the new propellers.
I have heard about that problem so I always check motors if they rotate freely before flight.

It was all ok, now whats more strange is that drone was in the air more than 5 min before motor stuck during the flight.

Drone is currently at DJI service center with status "damage assessment", im hoping for the best, will let u know when they create quotation.

I got an detailed explanation of what happened and unfortunatelly its the bird that attacked the drone.
Reapair cost is 110 Euros.

I can only consider to buy additional Care refresh now after repair or not.

What is your experience with CR?
Is it worth considering 50e is care itself and 50e additional for first repair. (220e for flyaway I think)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS