DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I know I replied earlier, but that was in May. A month later I needed to travel for 10 days including a wedding and a separate vacation following. I took my Mavic 2 Pro, but I would do the same with my Mini 2. The bags that come with DJI drones, essentially come with 15 pounds of stuffing in a 5 pound bag. I had never used a bag before, but came up with a very workable scheme.

Luckily both my hard cases for M2P and Mini 2 fit inside my backpack. I attached the M2 fmc bag to the outside of my backack with snacks, a headset and stuff I'd need ready access to on the plane. The hard case with all my M2P gear/accessories, batteries charger, etc was inside the backpack. When I got to my destinations I repacked my drone putting the M2P, controller, batteries and ND filters in the soft FMC case so I could carry it on my shoulder. I liked it so well that upon returning I often will take my M2 to local locations packed that way. I don't mind carrying it on my shoulder all day, but it only has the flight essentials, not the extra stuff.

As far as the Mini 2 and the Mini 2 case... Nah... When I don't want to carry the hard case I use the M2 soft case. Lots of room and easy to access stuff. The vertical positioning of the M2 case vs the horizontal carry of the Mini 2 case is so much better for how the gear is positioned and how much easier it is to access. The Mini 2 soft case now houses and is perfect for my VR goggles, but little more.

I put the following into my Fly More bag:

• License
  • Checklist
  • Firehouse Strobe
  • Full set of extra props
  • Small Screw driver
  • All 3 batteries
  • USB cable
  • ND Filter set

If I am going on a longer hike or bike ride I put the following into my Lowepro Photosport bag:

• Canon M100
  • Canon lens hood
  • Canon lenses: 22mm and 15-45mm
  • Canon filter set
  • Cleaning clothes
  • Joby Gorilla 3k Tripod
  • DJI Mini 2
  • DJI Controller
  • Drone License
  • Drone Checklist
  • Firehouse Strobe
  • Full set of extra props
  • Small Screw driver
  • All 3 batteries
  • USB cable
  • Drone ND Filter set
  • Flash light
  • Small knife
  • Rope
  • First aid kit
  • Snacks
  • Water bladder (goes into special pocket on the bag)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair