DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 2 water damage

nkdjhny

Reactions
Hello All!

Had an unfortunate encounter with my DJI Mini 2. I was flying it over a small pond/waterfall when the drone found its way in some branches and fell into the pond. I managed to retrieve it (water was freezing) but by the time i got to it, the drone had turned off. It was under water less than a minute. I took out the battery immediately after i retrieved it. I placed silica packets and left it in rice for a week and a half. (I saw some videos about pouring isopropyl alcohol on it to evaporate the water and moisture, which i didnt do)

After about a week and a half, I Turned it on. Gimbal responds and the controller is able to communicate with the drone (Take pictures, record, calibrate IMU, Gimbal) BUT the propellers wont respond. I get an Error 30105 (gps error). DONT have care refresh. Kickin myself in the shins. Should i venture in to replacing the gps module myself? I found some spare parts on line for about 30 bucks. Anyone with some experience in self-repair?

I have been in communication with DJI but it seems that they will not be able to replace the drone. They asked me to send it in for a repair quote, but judging from some of the forums, the cost will be as much as buying a whole new drone.

Any help and support is appreciated!
THANKS!

Temporarily Grounded
nkdjhny

You did all the right things (post retrieval), but water damage (especially submerged) can be unpredictable; I suspect that (at least) the GPS chip is toast. If you are good with a soldering iron and don't mind risking $30 (and have verified the part), then give it a shot. If that doesn't do the trick, I wouldn't pursue it any further.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00