DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MINI 3 PRO FIRMWARE UPGRADES / IMPROVEMENTS

LGLDSR73

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I've been off the Radar for the past few weeks....Life keeps getting in the way of my plans. Don't believe the hype about Retirement and definitely not about Social Insecurity that I paid into for 40 years. ANYWAY....

I've decided to purchase a DJI Mini Pro-3 Kit (Smart Controller, batteries, et al) and have been reading and hearing about numerous "Major" (verbatim) upgrades regarding the Firmware.

What I am unable to find out if these upgraded units are currently shipping or slated to ship. With thousands of existing units sitting in warehouses anything I order now will require the necessary upgrade which is not a big deal when thinking back to doing hundreds of Servers within my Group at IBM just before Y2K rolled around and thousands of BIOS upgrades during the course of my career.

Also, does anyone know if there are any design upgrades being incorporated as well, which would not be reflected in any in stock units?

Many thanks to All,

Lyman

@LGLDSR73 if you are talking about the DJI RC with the built in screen to fly your Mini 3 Pro then when it first arrives the RC and Drone, has to be updated to the latest firmware and APP that is up to Date this will happen once you set up a DJI Account on first start up this process can take some time depending on your internet connection so have the batteries fully charged in both the RC and drone before you start the process ,also its a good idea to have a fan blowing over the drone during this process as it gets quite hot just sitting still ,

@LGLDSR73 if you are talking about the DJI RC with the built in screen to fly your Mini 3 Pro then when it first arrives the RC and Drone, has to be updated to the latest firmware and APP that is up to Date this will happen once you set up a DJI Account on first start up this process can take some time depending on your internet connection so have the batteries fully charged in both the RC and drone before you start the process ,also its a good idea to have a fan blowing over the drone during this process as it gets quite hot just sitting still ,
Thank you! When I lived in civilization I was pulling 400Mbps....up here about 25Mbps. So it indeed may take some time.

Again, thank you!

Lyman

Reactions: old man mavic