DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro gimbal problem

Zandian

Reactions
Hey there, have a M3P bought a couple weeks ago. Had an issue today where I was flying straight, pointing straight down and filming the ground at 4k25. The bottom left of the screen started flashing white cyclically every 2 seconds or so. It began as white flashes, then big gimbal jerks (at least what looks like gimbal jerks).

Has anyone had this problem? I'm up to date on any firmware out as of today.

Here is a YouTube video of it (starts 1:01):

Any ideas?

Z

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
that's a take it to DJI care video

Reactions: KLRSKIR
What is the thing repeatedly appearing and disappearing in the lower left? It seems to coincide with a jump.

It looks almost as if there is something out-of-focus there, swinging and hitting the camera.

Do you have any filters or other gear fitted?

Is it repeatable? Does it happen at other resolutions and frame rates?

I had a similar, yet differnet issue when my gimbal jerked side to side and was struggling to find level. It did after a few seonds and was fine from that point on. There must be some bug or the hardware has a defect.

DJI recommended a gimbal calibration. Tried rhst but haven’t had time to retest. Will see.

The reason I originally doubted it was a calibration issue was that it started fine, then progressively got worse. It started with the white flashing in the corner, then progressed to significant jerking. I figured an uncalibrated gimbal would have problems immediately when pointing straight down. But will try to repeat the conditions and see.

Z

It looks almost as if there is something out-of-focus there, swinging and hitting the camera.

Do you have any filters or other gear fitted?

Is it repeatable? Does it happen at other resolutions and frame rates?
Haven't been able to repeat it, but I was thinking too that there may have been something interfering and it was dislodged when I tilted up. Feather maybe?

Haven't been able to repeat it, but I was thinking too that there may have been something interfering and it was dislodged when I tilted up. Feather maybe?
I had something similar happen with a small bird about the size of your thumb. Hummingbirds are very aggressive and territorial and seem to hate drones. My drone has been attacked a couple dozen times or more on separate occasions. They dive bomb the drone giving it a slight knock/blip rhythmically ...
Enclosed is a resized photo of culprit.

Attachments

• DJI_0577_DxO hummer copy.jpg
    DJI_0577_DxO hummer copy.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Wow
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics