DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro

Nickyb65

Reactions
Hi,

I'm about to buy my first drone, the Mini 3 Pro, I was attracted to this model as its sub 250 grms.

Does this mean that I can fly over housing estates, industrial estates, of course not exceeded the lawful altitude in the UK. I would like to take top down images of
housing estates, industrial areas, can I do this legally here in the UK with a sub 250 arm done. I already have my operator and flyer license in the UK from the CAA?

Thanks for any help

:)

Thanks...yes, no I sure won't fly in any restricted airspace.
Though saying what I did, if you make a habit of going over residential areas, it's just common decency to not stoop low and purposely go hedge trimming.
Straight up max height and away!!! I've only come across 1 Karen and that was with a bigger noisier Mavic Pro when it was legal(ish) to do so!
The M3P is so quiet once it's up high it's not annoying to listen to I would've thought, to others!

Reactions: Nickyb65
Though saying what I did, if you make a habit of going over residential areas, it's just common decency to not stoop low and purposely go hedge trimming.
Straight up max height and away!!! I've only come across 1 Karen and that was with a bigger noisier Mavic Pro when it was legal(ish) to do so!
The M3P is so quiet once it's up high it's not annoying to listen to I would've thought, to others!
Thanks for the advice, will take on board. Yes, like you mentioned, I certainly would not be going low/hovering etc.

Out of interest what height will the MP3 be silent?

Cheers

silent really depends on the way the wind carries the sound...s'times you can hear it when it's 100's of meters away, other times you'll be pushed to hear it even right above

Reactions: Nickyb65
The mini3 isn't silent, but the sound it makes is quieter and noticably less intrusive than, say a mini1 or mini2. At the beach or near a busy road the background noise will mask it completely at 20-30m. On a still evening you might hear it over 100m away.

Overall its not a noisy drone though, less irritating to listen to, and hence better for flying nearer to the general public. Common sense and respect for safety/privacy are still needed though.

Sound pressure is cut in half every time you double the distance. If you started at 10' then went up to 20', the sound pressure (not loudness) is cut in half. Just the way sound works for everything, not just drones.

To be clear, loudness, or human perception of loudness, is more complex. For something to sound twice as loud you need 3X the sound pressure level, for half as loud you need 1/3 the SPL.

What this means is a drone's prop sound never goes away completely with high altitude. It may become inaudible if it is below background noise. For example, if you listened to the drone 20' up then flew it up to 400', the change in sound level would be 27dB, which is almost like turning it off...but not quite. It could be below background noise though, which could make it inaudible.

I find the Mini 3 Pro to be extremely quiet relative to the Air 2S. I thought the A2S was pretty quiet until I flew the Mini 3.

The Mini 3 Pro ist the quietest drone I ever had. And not just that, the tone of the props is okay in comparison to the other high pitched ones of the Mini 2, Spark, etc.

Just flew my beloved M2P lately, I was shocked of the noise it make.
It's a rock solid drone, but the noise always makes me worry of being to intrusive (eventhough I am completely fine and legal to fly in a specific area).

Reactions: qless
The Mini 3 Pro ist the quietest drone I ever had. And not just that, the tone of the props is okay in comparison to the other high pitched ones of the Mini 2, Spark, etc.

Just flew my beloved M2P lately, I was shocked of the noise it make.
It's a rock solid drone, but the noise always makes me worry of being to intrusive (eventhough I am completely fine and legal to fly in a specific area).
When I got my Mavic 2 it seemed so quiet compared to my Phantom. The Mini 3 makes the Mavic seem loud. I'm a bit nervous about powering up the Phantom again — I think it will sound (subjectively) incredibly loud now!

Sound pressure is cut in half every time you double the distance. If you started at 10' then went up to 20', the sound pressure (not loudness) is cut in half. Just the way sound works for everything, not just drones.

To be clear, loudness, or human perception of loudness, is more complex. For something to sound twice as loud you need 3X the sound pressure level, for half as loud you need 1/3 the SPL.

What this means is a drone's prop sound never goes away completely with high altitude. It may become inaudible if it is below background noise. For example, if you listened to the drone 20' up then flew it up to 400', the change in sound level would be 27dB, which is almost like turning it off...but not quite. It could be below background noise though, which could make it inaudible.

I find the Mini 3 Pro to be extremely quiet relative to the Air 2S. I thought the A2S was pretty quiet until I flew the Mini 3.
Thanks for the detailed reply

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito