DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3

Since DJI just released a Mini SE, which may not show up everywhere, Its highly unlikely you'll see another Mini model this year , IMHO

Reactions: Spikemixture
I doubt it. DJI aren’t like Apple, they don’t release new versions of their models every year.

Do you think the Mini 3 will be released this year? Would it be too much to expect additional sensors and maybe even ActiveTrack. I think that it would also have 5.4k and even a bigger sensor. What do you guys think?
Nice wish list but some things will have to go. Under the 250 gram limit is huge in some countries and for those who travel. I'm sure DJI would love to pack all of the suggestions and lock up the mini market. Perhaps a front sensor. but it would be hard to place a larger sensor within the weight limits. Additionally, if it's too feature-packed, sales of the Air 2 and Air 2s could be affected.

I doubt that the Mini 2 will be replaced in the short term. I believe the Mini 2's early release on the heels of the Mini 1 was an effort to combine resources and improve on the Mini 1 design. Most notably the controller is the same in the Mini 2, MA2 and A2s. It would be my speculation that DJI's human resources would be focused on replacing the Mavic 2 series next as the M2's are 3 years old and I have to guess that the sales of that model have dwindled not only because of age, but because the Air2s has supplanted a lot of those sales with a smaller profit margin. Should a Mini3 become available in the future I would also speculate that it would only be an upgrade a camera upgrade and be targeted for those regions who get penalized for flying more than 250 grams.

Do you think the Mini 3 will be released this year? Would it be too much to expect additional sensors and maybe even ActiveTrack. I think that it would also have 5.4k and even a bigger sensor. What do you guys think?
I really doubt a Mini3 would be released this soon. The mini 2 hasn't been out that long, has it? I expect to see the Mavic 3 or it's derivation before the end of 2021.

Normally I would say (like others) that a mini 3 won't be released this year but.... if the Hubsan Zino mini pro is actually released in the next few weeks (another sub 250g) and it has an alleged 40m flight time, and alleged active track and alleged obstacle avoidance....as you can tell I'm dubious, then I suspect dji will have no choice but to release the mini 3.

Reactions: Spikemixture
Normally I would say (like others) that a mini 3 won't be released this year but.... if the Hubsan Zino mini pro is actually released in the next few weeks (another sub 250g) and it has an alleged 40m flight time, and alleged active track and alleged obstacle avoidance....as you can tell I'm dubious, then I suspect dji will have no choice but to release the mini 3.
That makes sense. I may be taking a serious look at the hubsan zino, given it's 40 minute flight time. I like to fly for 25-30 minutes at a time. I just like that extra 10-15 minutes of time to make sure my drone gets home ok.
Remember, the flight times these companies post are usually performed in a very controlled environment like a wind tunnel. The drone does not fly like we would at home, so their quoted flight times are most likely real. When drone pilots fly, they hit wind gusts, there is often lateral winds even at 1-2 mph, the drone is flown up and down and makes turns, all of these factors stress the drone, so in real life, the drone will never get to the manufacturers stated flight times. Real world conditions are just not the same as their lab conditions.

I have just bought the mini 2 and it's great for such a small drone after the M2P but I can tell you it's a great drone and they are a very good price at the moment, you will not be disappointed.

There's already been some leaks for the Mini 3 or at the very least a Mini 2S. I just can't find the actual image but it has a larger sensor and what I think to be either upper or side sensors.

Reactions: MMPerrish
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven