DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini fell off on Cliff of Moher Ireland. Any idea how to lift it up?

us_alfie

Reactions
Hi guys! There was an error in DJI mini 3 pro and it fell off to the ledge off the Cliff of Moher 30 m lower of hiking trail. Is there any idea how to lift it up? Or maybe someone provide such service? There are important memories left.

Reactions: us_alfie
Thanks a lot. That's a good idea. I have already contacted them! 👍

Reactions: MA2 317
That can work. But I'm leaving Ireland today
Post the flight log, or exact location, and perhaps photos of where it is lying on the ledge. Don't take stupid risks to get such a photo. Then if someone on here retrieves it at some point they can email you the videos.
But I'd think you have no chance of getting it back today unless you are still at the cliffs.

Never having been there, but looking at some photos of that location online, how it didn't land in water after its "fall", seems amazing. But I see no simple recovery here in a short time..

Hi us_alfie
Sorry you lost your drone, that is a sad thing to happen. As jeplane said, it is a strict no-fly zone due to wildlife sanctuary. In any case, if you send me more info on where you lost it, maybe pictures or coordinates, I can try to see if I can recover it, being in Ireland myself. I do go to that direction once in a while, so it might be possible to get someone to climb down and get it or something. Maybe another drone with a claw? :D You can look into it as well on your end and I can try to see if it is possible here. Depending on how low it is, maybe someone on a boat going up to it from the water? Share more details.

Post the flight log, or exact location, and perhaps photos of where it is lying on the ledge. Don't take stupid risks to get such a photo. Then if someone on here retrieves it at some point they can email you the videos.
But I'd think you have no chance of getting it back today unless you are still at the cliffs.
The coordinates are 52.955279,-9.449818. The drone is 30 m lower of the hiking trail. I didn't make any pictures of the place. But the drone can be seen.

Reactions: aeciolemos
Never having been there, but looking at some photos of that location online, how it didn't land in water after its "fall", seems amazing. But I see no simple recovery here in a short time..
I was just on the Cliff edge. The drone flew a meter from me and started falling

Hi us_alfie
Sorry you lost your drone, that is a sad thing to happen. As jeplane said, it is a strict no-fly zone due to wildlife sanctuary. In any case, if you send me more info on where you lost it, maybe pictures or coordinates, I can try to see if I can recover it, being in Ireland myself. I do go to that direction once in a while, so it might be possible to get someone to climb down and get it or something. Maybe another drone with a claw? :D You can look into it as well on your end and I can try to see if it is possible here. Depending on how low it is, maybe someone on a boat going up to it from the water? Share more details.
Hi @aeciolemos,
I'm a newbie with total flight time 4h. And I bought mini 3 pro to have less all these issues with licenses and registration in different countries. When I see the sign No drone I obey. As I wrote previously it was the beginning of the trail without any warning. Nevertheless my bad.
The sadest part there were videos from my Iceland and Ireland trip, and I hadn't saved any of them. Bummer!
The coordinates are 52.955279,-9.449818. The drone is 30 m lower of the hiking trail. I didn't make any pictures of the place. But the drone can be seen between cliff edge and the sea. The best place to see the drone is these coordinates: 52.9545137, -9.4514682.
The only possible ways to pick it up are using another drone with a claw or similar or climbing down with an equipment.
I will appreciate any help! 🙏

Reactions: aeciolemos
Fishing pole with large treble hook?
It seems to be too far for that, but possible. I would venture a guess that the easiest way would be from below, taking a boat there. I will be up there in the next couple of weeks and I'll see if I can do anything about it. Hopefully at least save your SD card, the drone is probably toast already with all the rain.

The coordinates are 52.955279,-9.449818. The drone is 30 m lower of the hiking trail. I didn't make any pictures of the place. But the drone can be seen.
1699024777324.png
Did it land on a rock? Those coordinates are where the pin is. Is it low close to the water?

Maybe a fishing line could hoist it up, but if it is closer to the water, I would think someone on a boat could get close and retrieve it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian