DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Neo (a new 149 gram drone)

I bet its a tinywhoop. not the one in the videos.
The tello was fun for RC car type sky racing lol-- I have a box of destroyed ones!
The tinywhoop is the new painless less restrictive Drone. I find myself only flying my tinywhoops for fun now, Nothing compares to the fun, and for safety they only weigh in at 60 grams. A Tinywhoop is way less obvious while flying , just as much fun as a freestyle IMO, and you don,t have to worry so much about an accident with something or someone.
Tinywhoops are the future of fpv!

Perhaps?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you watched that, perhaps this will be influential too... 🤣🤣🤣

I saw Mads Tech video when it first came out. I have no interest in a phone operated drone, but I know what I am hoping for. I tried for a year and a half but the learning curve on standard FPV was too much for this old dog. Installing Beta flight on my MAC, binding and bricking ELRS, paying sites to set it up for me and then it stops working after one hard landing, box goggles, busting 03 cameras on the second flight and the required maintenance and repairs were more than I could take.

I was hoping this was---and is going to be plug and play like all of my other DJI stuff in a mini whoop that I can rip around my back yard. I have the Avata 1 & 2 and they are great but it was not like my Cetus X which was the most durable of all the mini whoops I owned. Something where all of your goggles and controller is compatable---not this camera works with this brand goggles or buy 3 different receivers hanging on the goggles. Something where DJI will have plug and play repair parts with no setting up on a hard to install flight programmer---or if they do, make it simple in house like Speedy Bee.

Anyway---just dreaming here.

Perhaps?
There's strong evidence that at least one of the two mystery product designations from that video is directly related to the DJI Neo. The FCC filing for the DJI Neo lists WA521 prominently in the Antenna Spec PDF: Test Report

Reactions: mavic3usa
I'm prepared to get one the day it launches unless there is something obviously out of whack. I have Avata 1 and have put off getting Avata 2 until this time next year so good timing for Neo.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I'm prepared to get one the day it launches unless there is something obviously out of whack. I have Avata 1 and have put off getting Avata 2 until this time next year so good timing for Neo.
Ya it actually looks kind of cool, I wanna see the specs and capabilities first but I might grab one as well

Reactions: mavic3usa
Looks like a smaller Avata 2. Let hope functionality-wise, it basically is.

GT0nohAXkAAAXJG.jpeg

It'd be nice if there was some FPV capability, but so far if the leaks are correct it doesn't appear much that it'll be much more than a cine/hover drone in a Whoop style body.

With a single axis gimbal??????

Looks like every other FPV whoop. And like every other whoop, controller and goggles sold separately. My guess and hope. Another sold if that’s the case.

With a single axis gimbal??????

Looks like every other FPV whoop. And like every other whoop, controller and goggles sold separately. My guess and hope. Another sold if that’s the case.

The biggest fear is it's not O4 but wifi like the mini 1, in which case forget any goggles support.

However the box picture shows a controller that looks like the N2, so there's hope. Also this market segment is ripe for the MC, which would require goggles 3 support.

One of the fastest growing segments is indoor whoops especially in winter and this looks like that. I would not imagine an indoor drone without FPV capability would be in high demand when others are coming up with various options for FPV. So if you have DJI goggles you could BNF for a few hundred bucks.

Of course that’s just me and my thoughts.

Rumor is we are getting a slightly improved version of this [horrible] drone:

Looks like a smaller Avata 2. Let hope functionality-wise, it basically is.

GT0nohAXkAAAXJG.jpeg
That tiny control panel looks very much like the controls on my Hover X1 - I bet this is the same type of drone? No controller - the buttons represent preloaded flight patterns, I push one and it films and flies that timed pattern or hovers for a preset time and then lands

No controller - the buttons represent preloaded flight patterns, I push one and it films and flies that timed pattern or hovers for a preset time and then lands

Look at this leaked picture:

GT1GixWWkAUqxLs.jpeg

I share your opinion that there will be a min config with no controller, flown through automation.

However, DJI drones often span a wide range of modes/features/etc., and the RC-N2 pictured with the Neo gives me much hope it will work with RC/MC, and (this one I doubt, but I hope!) maybe even Manual mode.

I expect at a minimum it will have GPS, VPS, all the features/capabilities that come on all DJI drone derived from this hardware (position hold, RTH, etc.).

Last edited:
they may also be using this platform to test out some AI functions

I'll say this: They'll sell a drone-only to most Avata 2 owners at the expected low price if it does work with existing gear.

And hoping for manual (gotta say it again!). What a great trainer. At that weight, you can crash into the ground with a pretty good chance of no damage (head on into solid objects, still a problem).

Reactions: 4 inch pistons
If the controller will plug into a phone for visual—- then at the very least it should plug into a set of goggles for the same purpose. Of course normal wireless connectivity is better but I am sure this is budget friendly set up with few bells and whistles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n