DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI No fly zones and what you need to know when you fly near them!

Aerial Edge

Reactions
So on a previous thread Here some people were talking about issues recovering an aircraft when flying near DJI no fly zones, there was also another thread that I cannot find with someone that lost an aircraft over a cliff that eventually hit Critical Battery Level and landed into the ocean. I ran into this issue and upon investigating this we were able to get to the cause of this and I posted on the thread why this issue exists and the lack of Documentation.

Recently there was an accident on June 2, 2021 with a Matrice 300 that caused bodily injury and was reported to the NTSB. Here is the info on this M300 Accident and here is a link to Pilot Institute video on this. I decided this is important enough to put a Video together to help people become educated on it and possible help others.

I hope this helps keep others from loosing their drone or getting injured!

Dave

Thanks for sharing this. I often fly at the edge of a NFZ, but hadn’t yet run into this issue and wouldn’t have had a clue of why this was happening if you hadn’t posted this.

Reactions: projectarjun
Thank you for the information! It's interesting how DJI did this and so far I have not run across another manufacture that does...

Its interesting that DJI would configure this so that you can somehow enter a NFZ and get far enough to then to not let you return and basically seemingly abandon all control of the AC..

You'd think they'd let you fly in the direction of the closet boundary and land your AC

Its interesting that DJI would configure this so that you can somehow enter a NFZ and get far enough to then to not let you return and basically seemingly abandon all control of the AC..

You'd think they'd let you fly in the direction of the closet boundary and land your AC
More to the point you would think that DJI would match their information with that of the FAA for the US.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet