DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Pilot App - Phone use

BigBrotherAI

Reactions
Hi Folks,

I have ordered a Dual Enterprise, but while I am waiting, I loaded the DJI Pilot app to my Nvidia Shield Tablet. When I started the app, it asked me for several permissions. I allowed it to use my location and my photos, etc. But then it asked for permission to make and manage phone calls. Since the tablet does not have a cell phone connection, I told it no. The app gave me a message saying it may not work properly if it is not given permissions. I checked the box for don't ask me again. Then it kicked me out. And when I try to start the app it, it immediately closes and returns me to the home screen. I can't even change my mind and let it manage calls, because it immediately chucks me out. Does anybody know what to do? I am thinking I need to uninstall the app and reload it again. But why in the world does the Pilot app need to make phone calls? If it does then it will not work on a tablet!

Thanks, M.

But why in the world does the Pilot app need to make phone calls?
It doesn't need to make phone calls. However, you're going to need to accept those permissions in order to use the app.

Try reinstalling it.

Okay. Thanks, I will give it a try. Actually in reading another thread, someone said that you could not load DJI Go 4 and DJI Pilot on the same tablet. I would not try to run them at the same time, of course. But it was said that they would not work if even loaded on the same machine. Is that true?

M.

But it was said that they would not work if even loaded on the same machine. Is that true?
I don't think so. I was able to install both on the same mobile device.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath