DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Pilot app

Reactions
63F722D3-9A13-4F21-99B8-6927900F40E4.pngwhat is the purpose of the DJI PILOT app vs the DJI go 4 app? Can someone explain the differences to me please? Thank you

Reactions: Kiddthewarrior
I tried DJI Pilot (Android) on my Mavic Pro 2.
It worked like a dream! Think of it as Go 4 lite. None of the extra modes (like follow & boomerang, etc) BUT it does do waypoints!
So for now I'll be using Go 4 for all the extra goodies (that I almost never use) and I'll use Pilot for waypoints.
Oh, and the download size is around 120MB. That shows you how much bloat is missing from the Pilot app.
Oh again, there is also a switch to DISCONNECT APP FROM INTERNET!!!

It worked like a dream! Think of it as Go 4 lite. None of the extra modes (like follow & boomerang, etc) BUT it does do waypoints!
So for now I'll be using Go 4 for all the extra goodies (that I almost never use) and I'll use Pilot for waypoints.
Oh, and the download size is around 120MB. That shows you how much bloat is missing from the Pilot app.

Yep, I used it to fly my M2P a couple times but I found it to be a little buggy and discontinued its use. I don't care that much about Waypoints. Did you try the ESC Beep? LOUD AND ANNOYING! Useful for locating your drone though.

Yep, I used it to fly my M2P a couple times but I found it to be a little buggy and discontinued its use. I don't care that much about Waypoints. Did you try the ESC Beep? LOUD AND ANNOYING! Useful for locating your drone though.

Yeah, ESC noise would make it easy to find a drone lost in long grass. I didn't notice any real bugs myself, but I haven't been on a long flight yet.

Yeah, ESC noise would make it easy to find a drone lost in long grass. I didn't notice any real bugs myself, but I haven't been on a long flight yet.
Mind stopped gIving me location data...no bueno!

interesting I have not seen any updates of these app being used by Mavic Pro. I tried it with my Mavic Pro and had no problems. I don't know if DJI has got all the bugs out. I had read where you could not get video feed with out pulling the SD card out of the drone. I did not have that problem. Did a little flight out about 400 ft at 80 ft up. Had good video feed and was recording it. I was using my Nvida K1 Tablet all firmware are up to date.
26994[1].jpeg

if you could just sit on your couch with your big monitor/tv and wireless mouse and keyboard it would be great. With my eyes ,that little phone screen will never work for me planning out an elaborate mission.

Reactions: Phxbird57
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke