DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Pocket 2 Released Today!

As far as I can tell, you hit upon the biggest improvement in the Pocket 2...its audio capabilities. I have the Osmo Pocket with all the goodies. Bluetooth module, mic adapter, selfie stick, wide angle lens... But you cannot use the audio adapter with the Bluetooth module. Some guy on YouTube did a mod to allow it, but I was not so brave. The Pocket 2 addresses this issue, and that makes it so much better. Having Bluetooth and external audio is critical for me since I much prefer a phone or iPad to its tiny screen.

I take it you think the creator combo pack is worth the extra then? I agree with you about the importance of audio and it's the main reason I'm thinking of picking the pocket 2 up.

I take it you think the creator combo pack is worth the extra then? I agree with you about the importance of audio and it's the main reason I'm thinking of picking the pocket 2 up.
Guys how would you rate the stabilization on these gimbals? Scale of 1-10

If you were going with the Pocket 2, then for sure. Without it, it's just an Osmo Pocket with a slightly better camera...IMO of course.

Guys how would you rate the stabilization on these gimbals? Scale of 1-10

I have the Osmo Pocket and I would say 10. It is a very good little device, but it has its weaknesses. The audio by itself is not great, and the narrow field of view is a challenge, even with the wide angle adapter, but the gimbal itself is solid. Both of these issues have been addressed with the Pocket 2. Look at it this way. Unlike a UAV, there are not four vibrating motors with spinning blades. The gimbal is very stable..Thumbswayup

Reactions: redserv
If you were going with the Pocket 2, then for sure. Without it, it's just an Osmo Pocket with a slightly better camera...IMO of course.

I have the Osmo Pocket and I would say 10. It is a very good little device, but it has its weaknesses. The audio by itself is not great, and the narrow field of view is a challenge, even with the wide angle adapter, but the gimbal itself is solid. Both of these issues have been addressed with the Pocket 2. Look at it this way. Unlike a UAV, there are not four vibrating motors with spinning blades. The gimbal is very stable..Thumbswayup
Thank you

After much deliberation and consternation I picked up an Osmo Pocket on Black Friday sale. I am VERY pleased with this device. The field of view works perfect for me. I can get much more cinematic footage than I ever could with the GoPro 7 with just a few tweaks to settings. The gimbal blows away the Karma gimbal for the GoPro. I truly believe that the camera just works for me. Regardless of updates to the Pocket 2, I sincerely doubt I would like it better. Having said that, I'm not going to go buy a pocket 2 to test the theory, so it will have to stay unknown. As far as audio, I never use on camera mics for more than syncing to a more professional mic capture in Premiere. Even the cat likes it the best of all my cameras. Got a super macro of his nose checking out the pocket. What more could one ask for?

Reactions: Brockrock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser