DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI policy

InAz

Reactions
I ordered the M4P Friday (3 days ago) & was told that it will take up to 24 hrs to review and approve my purchase. Just received e-mail from dji stating that upon review, they need a copy of my bank statement and confirmation that my purchase is not for business purposes.
WTF is this all about? I replied stating I refuse to send any personal information to them.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Which website are you buying from? DJI should not ask for that info.

Good for you!
Don't send them a thing- As a matter of fact I would cancel that order and head on down to my local best buy or walmart. DJI could care less what the end user does with the drone. You already signed an agreement keeping them from any legal problems your flying may cause. So why would they care.
There are some pretty hard RID rules coming down the line for part 107 users such as the new standardized RID rule that will make the promised use of modules illegal by 107 pilots, and china has signed some new trade restrictions of their own, BUT I don't think any of that would give them cause to ask for ANY info.
Are you sure you are not at a "mirror" site? (scammers)

• Love
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Which website are you buying from? DJI should not ask for that info.
At all times err on the side of caution, if something seems of go elsewhere and maybe drop into you bank and tell them of this 'event'.
Besides I would use a credit card, there's more protection.

Yes please post the link you used to buy from DJI and also if you don't mind, what for of payment are you using such that they would ask you for bank details? Also would like to see the wording of that email and where it came from.

There are some pretty hard RID rules coming down the line for part 107 users such as the new standardized RID rule that will make the promised use of modules illegal by 107 pilots,
Link?

Post #14 has the answer.
Would like to see a link to whatever site you ordered from.

Already mentioned. Dji store.
I learned it's policy for them to ask for this information when/if needed.
I am an hour or so from DJI in L.A. If you would like I could go ask for you in person BUT- I can already tell you the answer.
NO DJI employee is authorized too or would for that matter ask a customer for their Banking info. I don't really want to brave the L.A. Holiday traffic But I suppose the next time I go by I could stop in and ask but honestly DJI does not need your banking info to make a sale I still think you are at a MIRROR SITE. Go to a LOCAL store and purchase there they will not ask for info because you are buying a drone so why would DJI?

Can you look at the header info for that email? That should reveal where it really came from

I am an hour or so from DJI in L.A. If you would like I could go ask for you in person BUT- I can already tell you the answer.
NO DJI employee is authorized too or would for that matter ask a customer for their Banking info. I don't really want to brave the L.A. Holiday traffic But I suppose the next time I go by I could stop in and ask but honestly DJI does not need your banking info to make a sale I still think you are at a MIRROR SITE. Go to a LOCAL store and purchase there they will not ask for info because you are buying a drone so why would DJI?
Review their policy. Is in black & white.
A local store? Haha. I'm in rural america living offgrid & Walmart is closest to me 24 miles away & next big store is an 8 hour commute roundtrip not counting the store visit.

Review

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas