DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro 1.7.5

ddodell

Reactions
Went to fly today, DJI Fly crashing. Came home, found multiple posts about 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 crashing.

Seems to be stable with Airsense in Medium/High Risk ...

Is everyone keeping 1.7.5 with Airsense Medium/High or going back to 1.7.0?

Since DJI website does have 1.7.0, where is a reliable place to downgrade?

Thanks

Reactions: mavictk
Went to fly today, DJI Fly crashing. Came home, found multiple posts about 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 crashing.

Seems to be stable with Airsense in Medium/High Risk ...

Is everyone keeping 1.7.5 with Airsense Medium/High or going back to 1.7.0?

Since DJI website does have 1.7.0, where is a reliable place to downgrade?

Thanks
I also can confirm DJI Fly 1.7.5 crashes for me every time it notifies me an aircraft is close. Back to 1.7.0 again.

I also can confirm DJI Fly 1.7.5 crashes for me every time it notifies me an aircraft is close. Back to 1.7.0 again.
See Post #4. It's uniquely an AirSense bug. Turn off AirSense and enjoy Japanese Remote ID! LOL!

Just encountered the same issue. One quick question for everyone, when people are discussing adjusting the AirSense sensitivity, where is this setting? Under the Menu->Saftey->Advanced Safety Settings, I only see a toggle to turn AirSense off/on.

Just encountered the same issue. One quick question for everyone, when people are discussing adjusting the AirSense sensitivity, where is this setting? Under the Menu->Saftey->Advanced Safety Settings, I only see a toggle to turn AirSense off/on.
Just turn it off. It's annoying and worthless, unless you are both deaf and blind, in which case you can't see or hear the AirSense warning either ! LOL!

Just turn it off. It's annoying and worthless, unless you are both deaf and blind, in which case you can't see or hear the AirSense warning either ! LOL!
You're right (about not really needing it) however I am so OCD about my devices....if they have the capability, I want them to work darn it! (Also it is slightly helpful as I so live close(ish) to a regional airport and there are a lot of helicopters that do take off (and would show up on my map) in the prior build of the app.

You're right (about not really needing it) however I am so OCD about my devices....if they have the capability, I want them to work darn it! (Also it is slightly helpful as I so live close(ish) to a regional airport and there are a lot of helicopters that do take off (and would show up on my map) in the prior build of the app.
DJI also likes marketing AirSense as a distinguishing safety feature, so they'll definitely be fixing it. Just need to work around the current AirSense bug until they do, either by turning AirSense off, modifying its sensitivity, or downgrading the FW.

ABSOLUTELY!!! If Airsense crashes the app, what else is wrong inside it? Revert to 1.7.0. That version works great.

ABSOLUTELY!!! If Airsense crashes the app, what else is wrong inside it? Revert to 1.7.0. That version works great.
Nothing "else is wrong inside it." It's an isolated AirSense bug, in a purported safety feature that you are using for a different purpose. There are known bugs in 1.7.0 that were also fixed by 1.7.5. How do you know that 1.7.0 works great for all users under all circumstances? It may work better for you, but DJI knows of hidden bugs in it that you haven't yet discovered that were patched in 1.7.5.

That's exactly what "Fixed certain issues" meant, when the 1.7.5 update was offered.

Reactions: dap455
I have reverted to 1.7.0.

I have reported the problem to DJI and I wonder how many others have reported the problem to DJI directly as well?

I have reverted to 1.7.0.

I have reported the problem to DJI and I wonder how many others have reported the problem to DJI directly as well?
It only takes one verified report for DJI to become aware of the problem and put it on their list of needed fixes. Additional reports of it are of no further benefit.

It only takes one verified report for DJI to become aware of the problem and put it on their list of needed fixes. Additional reports of it are of no further benefit.
How do you submit a report to DJI? I have a couple of bugs to report with 1.7.5 and the RC Pro

How do you submit a report to DJI? I have a couple of bugs to report with 1.7.5 and the RC Pro
There's an "email" link at the very bottom of the support page on dji.com. I found it worked reasonably well - I received a response from a human and exchanged several messages back and forth as they asked for additional information, log files, video, etc. They acknowledged the problem I was seeing. Still not fixed though ...

Just curious - do you know for sure this is the case? My experience of software development projects is you often have insufficient resources to do everything and one way to prioritize the team's effort is to focus on issues that are affecting many customers rather than just one customer.

Just curious - do you know for sure this is the case? My experience of software development projects is you often have insufficient resources to do everything and one way to prioritize the team's effort is to focus on issues that are affecting many customers rather than just one customer.
Indeed, but this problem is completely replicable by every user on the latest FW, and immediately so by DJ‘s engineers. It isn‘t an intermittent problem, and it is now a well known bug caused by AirSense, which DJI heavily promotes as a safety feature. They are already fully aware of it. Re-reporting it now is a waste of time. In the meantime, just turn off AirSense.

When I reported this bug to DJI they asked me for logs….. I just told them that when AiSense was enabled with 1.7.5 on the RC Pro would crash and did not send them any additional information. I then found this thread and felt like I saved a lot of time by not sending useless files to DJI.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR