DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro Controller vs RC, RC-N1? Advantages?

As i am a new dji rc controller user i can see no lag on this controller and no lag between photo - video mode change
I am on firmware 1.03.1400. Now my rc-n1 is stored in the box, Flying with the rc or rc pro is much better than rc-n1 and mobile phone from my 3 weeks experience with this controller.

As i am a new dji rc controller user i can see no lag on this controller and no lag between photo - video mode change
I am on firmware 1.03.1400. Now my rc-n1 is stored in the box, Flying with the rc or rc pro is much better than rc-n1 and mobile phone from my 3 weeks experience with this controller.

Good to hear this, thanks for your insight. I just read many people have had their app on the RC controller crash while in flight. That would be a deal breaker to me. Especially when the app + phone is rock solid.

The app has never crashed after 5 flights i have done until today and no lags until now. I have inserted a small 32gb sd card and runs very smooth.

Other users are saying that theres a delay when switching between photo and video using the RC. What about taking a pic or video using a programmed button...any delay? I do like the two dials on the RC and the two extra buttons. I never liked having to take my right thumb off the stick on the N1 just to change between photo and video.
I can't really comment much on your question, my DJI RC came with my Mavic 3 Classic and I quickly upgraded to the RC-PRO. Of the 3 aircraft I fly I use my mini 3 strictly for fun and not photography so the RC is fine, when I want good pics or video I'm flying my Classic and RC-PRO and mostly I use my mini 4 pro with my Goggles and MC2. I got it with the N2 simply because it was less costly.

Last edited:
The app has never crashed after 5 flights i have done until today and no lags until now. I have inserted a small 32gb sd card and runs very smooth.

Good to hear. I wonder how the SD card affects the RC's performance. I thought it was only for if you do screen record?

I can't really comment much on your question, my DJI RC came with my Mavic 3 Classic and I quickly upgraded to the RC-PRO. Of the 3 aircraft I fly I use my mini 3 strictly for fun and not photography so the RC is fine, when I want good pics or video I'm flying my Classic and RC-PRO and mostly I use my mini 4 pro with my Goggles and MC2. I got it with the N2 simply because it was less costly.

That makes sense. I re-bought the Mavic 3 Classic today with the screen and I think the best thing for me to do is to try it out for myself to see how I like it. Fingers crossed. If I had the extra funds I would get the RC Pro too and use that but I unfortunately don't and can't justify it.

That makes sense. I re-bought the Mavic 3 Classic today with the screen and I think the best thing for me to do is to try it out for myself to see how I like it. Fingers crossed. If I had the extra funds I would get the RC Pro too and use that but I unfortunately don't and can't justify it.
Ya the RC-Pro is very costly. I thought long and hard and struggled to push the buy button lol. But I figured my Mavic 3 will likely be my last big purchase and I figured what the hell, let's just get the best for it. I have never regretted it.

Ya the RC-Pro is very costly. I thought long and hard and struggled to push the buy button lol. But I figured my Mavic 3 will likely be my last big purchase and I figured what the hell, let's just get the best for it. I have never regretted it.

I opened my drone tonight, charged it and updated everything. Very impressed so far. I thought the build on the Mavic 3 classic was suppose to be good. The plastic on mine creaks and squeaks from just handling it or folding out the legs. The RC is super comfortable and I'm very surprised just how much I love the feel of it. The size is perfect and its noticeably lighter than the N1 with phone in.

So far no lag at all on my RC. I'm pleasantly surprised. And my god DJI just fails at making proper gimbal covers. I hated the one on my Air 2 and 2S. The Mavic 3 classic one is a lot better but still a lot bigger and too much going on than it really needs to be. I do like how it protects the propellers though. But since its going in the case tomorrow, it doesn't really need it. I may get an aftermarket gimbal cover.

First my best wishes for the new BIG TOY!!!!
If you hear squeaks when unfolding or folding the legs this is something i did not have it but i think construction is too good. Check if after some days this will be eliminated. Yes regarding the big cover of the drone i never used it. I took an aftermarket gimbal cover and that's it.

First my best wishes for the new BIG TOY!!!!
If you hear squeaks when unfolding or folding the legs this is something i did not have it but i think construction is too good. Check if after some days this will be eliminated. Yes regarding the big cover of the drone i never used it. I took an aftermarket gimbal cover and that's it.

Ya for some reason my unit creaks and squeaks more than a rubber toy. My Air 2 and Air 2S didn't squeak this bad when I got it. Maybe the creaks and squeaks will go away over time?

I ordered my new case and ND filters, it's arriving today.

The stock cover I am getting used to putting it on. It seems like DJI can never make a good easy to apply gimbal cover. Every single drone Ive owned, the cover was a major pain to put back on. What I notice and like about the stock cover is that it has two plastic feet at the bottom so when you lay the drone down on a hard surface, the weight doesn't sit on the bottom propellers.

Otherwise if you take this gimbal cover off, the weight of the unit will fall on the bottom propellers. So I will just stick with the stock cover because of this. I will fly it for the first time this Sunday. Fingers crossed I have a sharp copy. Some users on here have recorded that their Mavic 3 classic camera was soft and not sharp.

Otherwise Im very pleased with the RC so far and glad I chose this bundle. No lag so far.

Reactions: Chris_GREECE
I have to say that Im so surprised by just how good and impressed I am with the RC controller. Everyone is right, it's so much less hassle to use the RC than to put a mount into the mount then plug in a cable, unlock your phone, boot the app, etc. A big reason why I opted for the RC is because I remember when I had an Air 2, the cable connection was very finicky and it really pissed me off that I was just about to smash the controller. A slight wiggle of the cable and it lost connection. It was not reliable.

I had zero lag today when flying it, even when changing settings, it was instant or 1 sec delay at the absolute worst. But most of the time it was instant. Running the latest firmware on both the controller and the aircraft. The screen was decently still viewable despite only being 700 nights.

The only bad thing is the battery life was so so. I ran my battery for about 6mins and it alread went down to 78%. Do these batteries need to be power cycled (go from fully charged to 0% then back to 100%) to get the maximum runtime?

I'm suspicious the RC1 gets laggy after accumulating log files and other local storage (like screen shots and recordings without this being redirected to an SD card).

The adverse behavior I've seen described in some other threads is exactly how Android behaves when it is starved of storage space, and the RC1 has almost none to speak of – the single biggest design flaw.

Anyone that experiences these lags try clearing the logs and any screen caps you've done, see if that makes it go away.

Reactions: Chris_GREECE

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr