DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh claim...problem

MKdrone

Reactions
Hi,
Can someone help me? Iv recently purchased a Mavic mini with the DJI refresh package. I unfortunately crashed my drone last weekend and made a repair claim on Tuesday. Iv heard nothing from DJI since, I was given a case number to print out and that’s the last Iv heard of it since then.
All I want to know is this general practice for DJI and what’s the usual waiting time for your shipping box to be received??

Hi,
Can someone help me? Iv recently purchased a Mavic mini with the DJI refresh package. I unfortunately crashed my drone last weekend and made a repair claim on Tuesday. Iv heard nothing from DJI since, I was given a case number to print out and that’s the last Iv heard of it since then.
All I want to know is this general practice for DJI and what’s the usual waiting time for your shipping box to be received??
not really sure ,but you will need to ship it in the original packaging if you can, you dont get a box,just a label and unfortunately anything in the post is going to be caught up in the xmas postage now, so everything will take longer ,but i could be wrong

Thanks. I did think that could possibly be the reason. Guess I’m just being impatient because I want my drone fixed. Have you made a claim before?? Is the service usually pretty good??

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks. I did think that could possibly be the reason. Guess I’m just being impatient because I want my drone fixed. Have you made a claim before?? Is the service usually pretty good??
fortunately i myself had not had cause to use refresh ,(oh oh thats done it ;);) )
seriously though i was just basing my reply on others experiences on the forum
being realistic it will be a few weeks in total ,just the wrong time of year sorry

Reactions: Tony McDrone
fortunately i myself had not had cause to use refresh ,(oh oh thats done it ;);) )
seriously though i was just basing my reply on others experiences on the forum
being realistic it will be a few weeks in total ,just the wrong time of year sorry
Ok no need to show off haha

you’re probably right, guess I’ll just have to be patient ?

thanks all the same

Thanks. I did think that could possibly be the reason. Guess I’m just being impatient because I want my drone fixed.
The COVID situation has thrown all kinds of services into disarray and normal timelines are out the window.
You'll just have to be patient.

They will send you an email when your drone arrives. They will inspect it, and send out a new drone the same day. When you receive the drone, it will be new or refurbished. The whole process is very efficient. As others have said, the holidays and a huge increase in online shopping will slow down the normal delivery times.

Reactions: old man mavic
My experience with DJI is that it never hurts to inquire again. Things are kinda of random there.
Be super polite - I grovel because it's to my advantage.

Don't know if it's true, but in theory is no Covid in China right now.
Facts don't matter in China.

I sent my MM (in a regular box) a couple of Mondays ago... they received it on Thursday and on Friday said it would take 2-3 days to evaluate. On the following Wed, they said they would be sending me an invoice for repairing it. I called in to ask why they were invoicing me (I thought it was just an automatic replacement). The response was "just wait for the invoice... you'll get the option to replace". The invoice came in at $73 to fix it, so I decided to use up one of my replacements for $40. $65 of the $73 was a service fee.
They said it would take 2-3 days to process the shipping of the new? unit and probably another 3 days to receive it.
So, assuming that's true, it will have taken 3-4 weeks to go through the entire process... not sure how long the repair would have taken.
Yes, all of this is cheaper than buying a new one, but I would have preferred if they had just charged me the $40 right away and sent me a new one when they received the damaged one. It would have saved 7-10 days of waiting.
The damaged parts (damaged fuselage, one rotor arm broken, several props damaged and the battery door broken was only $7-8 in parts). They did send pix of the damaged parts, which was nice.
With what appears to be a $65 minimum repair fee, I would probably still opt for the $49 replacement the 2nd time around, but maybe not, depending on the damage.

I have always had my shipping label the next day dropthem an email they are usually very good

I did care refresh in September for my MA2. I did have some trouble getting the claim started on my pc, and finally found this number DJI phone 818-235-0789. As soon as I talked to them, it was excellent. I paid $69, got the return shipping label instantly, and got a new MA2 as soon as they got mine back (it went to California). They also told me that if I returned the battery with it, I would also get a new battery.

You should call DJI support on Monday to get an update. They seem to be fairly responsive. However, I'm not sure if it the Thanksgiving holiday that's slowed deliveries to a crawl. DJI sent me a replacement Mini 2 on Tuesday and isn't scheduled to be delivered until next Tuesday, one week in transit from California to Illinois.

Hi,
Hi,
I see you are in the UK. I sent mine (mini2) for a replacement last Monday. It got to the repair centre in the Netherlands on Weds and sent out on the Thursday: turnaround 1 day (I paid for the express service though as I'm impatient). On tracking the package it was in the UK on Friday and has made made it to Tamworth today (Saturday) I had a message it will be delivered on Weds. I have no idea why it takes only two days to get from the Uk to the Netherlands but 6 to get back (and it appears 5 days just from Tamworth to my house in Chester! I think they are going to fly it here under its own steam?
I waited for 2 months once for a package that was "lost in the system" to get to me from Tamworth so I'm on edge until it arrives safe in my hands.
The rate limiting step appears to be the courier (Christmas not withstanding).

Mind you my spacial awareness should be good by the time it gets here and I can fly it as I've been limited to finding drone simulator apps and the only ones I can find that aren't pc based are for twitchy drone racing simulations. I'm whipping round the courses now.

Not sure about UK but in USA, DJI has "express" refresh where they skip the evaluation and just send you the replacement once they receive your drone and you pay the money.

Note that the invoice defaults to refresh price even if they quote you a repair and no indication of how to select repair over replacement. At least that was my experience two years ago.

Typically they send you a replacement even when you're getting it repaired. I received a new remote for the $2 part cost of the broken antenna. That was in conjunction with my AC being refreshed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada