DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh *doesn't* cover sunk drones!?

Unfortunately, those instructions are for (much) older models of iPhones/iOS/iTunes
I have the current version of iTunes/iOS and am able to follow them as written. What exactly doesn't seem to be working for you?

I feel for you but this topic has been beat to death, buried, resurrected, beat to death and buried x10000. If you can physically get the drone or prove that it’s an issue with the hardware, you should be ok but if not, you’re out of luck. I would guess it was a bird that knocked it out of the sky.

It's always a bird!

But most likely, it wasn't a bird!

I have the current version of iTunes/iOS and am able to follow them as written. What exactly doesn't seem to be working for you?
Sigh...as if my day wasn't going bad enough...

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why my iTunes window didn't look like the ones on that page. After many attempts at changing settings and the like, I restarted iTunes.....and the File Sharing option appeared...my apologies for my panic.

I have the Flight log - I hope this works for you guys to see it:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I see a lot of "Forced Landing" data.... :(

As designed, your Mavic switched to Forced Landing mode when you had the throttle in the full down position while the downward sensors were detecting the ground was near (or something was close to the bottom of the Mavic). Since you did not attempt to cancel the auto landing, the Mavic continued to land into the water.

Was it foggy outside?

Reactions: snoopx
Just (within the last hour) lost my DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I had been flying over our local harbour for the past 35 minutes with no issues. Got some great shots. Suddenly, the M2P literally plummets out of the sky into the harbour! Unrecoverable (at least, by me). Immediately come here to look for info about how to go about getting DJI Refresh replacement package and I see a couple of comments stating that if you can't physically recover the drone, DJI won't replace it.

Please tell me that isn't true....
DJI does not care....... all they want is the dead body..........

Reactions: Former Member
As designed, your Mavic switched to Forced Landing mode when you had the throttle in the full down position while the downward sensors were detecting the ground was near (or something was close to the bottom of the Mavic).

Dammit. But, once the throttle was released, shouldn't it have stopped? (that's just wishful thinking on my part, isn't it? :( )

Since you did not attempt to cancel the auto landing

I was looking at the screen and saw no "auto landing" warnings. Nor was the Remote Controller buzzing/beeping as it usually does for various warnings and alerts.

Was it foggy outside?

Yes but not enough to impair visibility to any real degree. I could see the drone the entire time.

Thanks for the help/ideas/advice.

Yes but not enough to impair visibility to any real degree. I could see the drone the entire time.
That explains what happened. The fog triggered the bottom sensors.

Reactions: Salle
It can fly just fine in the fog. Either disable Landing Protection or don't hold the throttle in the full down position when the downward sensors are detecting something is near the bottom of the drone (unless you're actually trying to land).

See more details here:
Full throttle down can cause an auto landing when using the Landing Protection feature

DAMMIT. So you're saying, the combination of Landing Protection setting enabled AND downward sensors being "confused" by the fog AND my full throttle action, caused it to force itself to land.

But, that being the case, when I let off the throttle, shouldn't the "forced landing" have been aborted?

So you're saying, the combination of Landing Protection setting enabled AND downward sensors being "confused" by the fog AND my full throttle action, caused it to force itself to land.
Yes.

when I let off the throttle, shouldn't the "forced landing" have been aborted?
No. You need to move the throttle to the full up position to cancel the auto landing (just like you would do when your drone is landing near the ground).

Reactions: Salle
Which means DJI *won’t* replace the drone under DJI Refresh *unless* I have it to send back to them. :(

So now I have to try and find a salvage company that can do a dive into cold, deep, murky water so I can get the **** thing back and send it to DJI...

sigh...

Sorry to hear this dude. Could you perhaps fashion some sort of grappling hook on a rope? I don't know I'm just clutching at straws for you here. Looking at the map it didn't look too far from the pier.

Reactions: Former Member
Sorry to hear this dude. Could you perhaps fashion some sort of grappling hook on a rope? I don't know I'm just clutching at straws for you here. Looking at the map it didn't look too far from the pier.
It's a fair distance 30 yards at least. And that's a private dock I can't get on to. I appreciate the straw clutching. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter