DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Registration Question

alexhoder

Reactions
I bought a Mavic Air and the Care Refresh together here in the US, and received the email from DJI saying that Care Refresh has automatically been activated and is tied to my Mavic since they were bought together. That’s perfect. The drone is a gift for my father-in-law, and we are giving it to him on a family vacation in Denmark. My question: do I have to open it up and register it with a DJI account here in the US since it was bought here and this is the Care Refresh region, or can I let him open it up in Denmark, register with a USA DJI account while in Denmark, and be able to fly it while there? Would rather let him open it up since that’s part of the fun but don’t want to risk any issues since I know DJI really seems to care about what region the drone/Care Refresh is bought in.

Thanks,
Alex

PS: I’m talking specifically about any potential DJI/Mavic Air roadblocks, having family in Europe we are already very fimilar with the legal requirements of flying drones in Denmark and are taking care of that as well.

do I have to open it up and register it with a DJI account here in the US since it was bought here and this is the Care Refresh region, or can I let him open it up in Denmark, register with a USA DJI account while in Denmark, and be able to fly it while there?
No matter where you open it up and activate the drone, the warranty and DJI Care Refresh policy can only be used in the US (since that's where you bought it). If you have any further questions about the warranty/refresh, DJI support can assist.

No matter where you open it up and activate the drone, the warranty and DJI Care Refresh policy can only be used in the US (since that's where you bought it). If you have any further questions about the warranty/refresh, DJI support can assist.

Yes, my apologies if I wasn’t clear. I’m aware that Care Refresh can only be used in the US, which is perfect since it’ll primarily be a US based drone. I just wanted to confirm that I’ll be able to activate the drone and create a USA DJI account while in Denmark and not get some error message.

DJI accounts are not tied to a specific country. So, you'll be fine if you create it once you get to Denmark.

So, IF and WHEN you have to use the DJI Care Refresh, you have to send it from USA. It does not matter where you have an accident. Bring it back to USA and send it in to repair there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688