DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI released the official DLog-M to Rec709 LUT!

You can apply a LUT to any video you like, irrespective of where, when and how you obtained the video.

It’s something done in post production. It simply tells your editing software how you want it to tweak the colours in the video.
I suspect what he meant was whether it will have the same effect. I.e. is it designed for both.

can I use this lut with the mavic pro ?

I gave it a try on some Mavic 1 Pro footage recorded in Dlog. Well it required a lot of work afterwards, especially on the Red and Magenta to get a natural look.

for photos i use adobe Lr .. what would you recommend i use for videos .. i am deep into computers but a beginner on video editing.

I gave it a try on some Mavic 1 Pro footage recorded in Dlog. Well it required a lot of work afterwards, especially on the Red and Magenta to get a natural look.
It's a poor choice for the original Mavic, a good one for it is/was free from Ground Control.
With M2P dLOG You can use it at 100% but I prefer to drop it to about 80% and tweak from there.
for photos i use adobe Lr .. what would you recommend i use for videos .. i am deep into computers but a beginner on video editing.
The more capable software has a steep learning curve but worth persevering.
Adobe Premiere and Davinci resolve are among the best.
Resolve has free version but with some restrictions.

Am I completely lost?! When I try to download and open the D-Log LUT it comes out as a .cube file that my computer (Windows 10) had NO idea what to do with...

Anyone else having this issue?!

Am I completely lost?! When I try to download and open the D-Log LUT it comes out as a .cube file that my computer (Windows 10) had NO idea what to do with...

Anyone else having this issue?!
You need to import the lut into an editing software or color correction software and then apply it to the footage.
Plenty of tutorials online, just search for how to apply a lut to footage.

Old thread bump but the KEY point about shooting log is highlight control. Someone had said why not shoot just straight normal 709 if that is all you are converting it back to - skip the step! You get more dynamic range shooting washed out log as the highlights are controlled far better and giving a more filminc end result. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots