DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI releases new firmware update for Mavic Air 2, Air 2S drones

This is my own personal feeling about firmware updates. If its not broke then don't fix it.
Many of the last few updates have added zero in upgrades in autonomous flights which would be the only reason I would upgrade my firmware other then if I was having a known problem and it fixed it.
I am one of the luck ones I have no issues with connection or anything else so I have opted to not upgrade my firmware.
The last three updates stopped drone hacks from being applied and perhaps addressed some operating system problems like android 12 and the new smart controller connection problems. I have seen many times where one update to solve one problem leads to causing another. Thanks but no thanks.
Even though I'm barely just getting started flying, I'm kinda with you.
It seems the way the world is going these days the plan appears to be to dismantle and take apart everything that's good or works, and basically make it worthless, especially under the name of safety, or improvement.

We could look at gas cans, or wall sockets in the US for example......

My guess would be that if it was something that was a wonderful addition or improvement, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, and patting themselves on the back.
But they only say, "Fixed some bugs" which makes me wonder, because in a buggy sort of way, they listed the reason twice!

I might wait and see. I've only seen a few posts on this, and I believe one at dji said after the update, he had satellite connection troubles that he never had before.

Last edited:
Reactions: JP_CACIKE
Anyone know if the RC Pro is compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro? I don't want to try and find out without confirmation, only to end up bricking my drone.
At the moment, the RC Pro is compatible with the Mavic 3 and the Air 2S. And it is one or the other, needs a different firmware for each. They may add more in the future.

Don't see how you will brick your drone, you just won't be able to connect the RC.

This is my own personal feeling about firmware updates. If its not broke then don't fix it.
Many of the last few updates have added zero in upgrades in autonomous flights which would be the only reason I would upgrade my firmware other then if I was having a known problem and it fixed it.
I am one of the luck ones I have no issues with connection or anything else so I have opted to not upgrade my firmware.
The last three updates stopped drone hacks from being applied and perhaps addressed some operating system problems like android 12 and the new smart controller connection problems. I have seen many times where one update to solve one problem leads to causing another. Thanks but no thanks.
I am feeling the same, I didn't update this one, I will eventually, but I wait for all of the potential issues to appear. After a week or two I will update.

Reactions: Pallidin
I also did a search to find more information on the firmware updates for batteries on the site and came up blank.

So is the process to take each one of my batteries, drop it into my drone and re-initiate the firmware update each time through the DJI assistant?
Yes, that’s exactly the way I did it.

I tried searching the Web on how to try to get the DJI Fly icon to appear on my android (Tripltek). I can install the new Version 1.59 and I made sure that my Tripltek was allowed under "unknown apps" to install. The DJI fly will install no problem but it will not appear as an icon and it will not open either. I had no problem using the previous version so what's going on.
Thanks for any tips or suggestions. HFTA

I'm speaking of the RC Pro that came with my Air 2S fly more. Its currently only compatible with the Air 2S it came with. The stand alone version is only setup to work with the Mavic 3. (outside of those smart enough to replace the firmware). I'm not speaking of the old smart controller that I did used to own.
I have the same new Air 2s combo you do. Are you suggesting this won't be possible to add the Mavic 3 to this new RC Pro combo version presently, or is it something DJI will ultimately allow with forthcoming firmware updates ?

I have the same new Air 2s combo you do. Are you suggesting this won't be possible to add the Mavic 3 to this new RC Pro combo version presently, or is it something DJI will ultimately allow with forthcoming firmware updates ?
By the time he made the statement was last Wednesday. The new firmware update came out 2 days ago that make the Mavic 3 and Air2S compatible under the same Firmware.

Reactions: TwoSticks
AirSense does not seem to be working - Maybe they changed the distance at where it triggers?

I also toggled it off and on to as that sometimes fixes issues after firmware updates.

AirSense does not seem to be working - Maybe they changed the distance at where it triggers?

I also toggled it off and on to as that sometimes fixes issues after firmware updates.
It's been too windy here lately for me to fly the new updates.
But as a noob watching things unfold just as I'm getting into this drone thing, if this was the case, it wouldn't surprise me at all if airsense was turned off.
So far I've seen waypoints disappear, and I've read about the FAA wanting to install transponders of sorts.

If I was a paranoid sort, I'd say, they don't want people to plan "Missions" ahead of time, plus they want to know where we are...but maybe don't want us to know where they are?

Got me.

Good thing I don't entertain thoughts of this nature.

Well to be honest, it was going off so often where I fly, that I was almost going to turn it off.
I live just east of Dallas and there are lots of plains flying overhead,
So far, this is the only issue that I've had - I'm an Electronic Hardware Engineer, so when something goes wrong, blame the software guys... ;)

Last edited:
Software/firmware that I am currently running:

Attachments

• DJI_Frimware_Update_1-28-22.png
    DJI_Frimware_Update_1-28-22.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 23
Downloading the the latest version of the DJI Fly app solved the issue of me! :)

I did the update. Now every time I fly, the screen will suddenly go black and the software will close down. I have to then restart the software, very annoying to say the least! Also, since this "upgrade" I can no longer delete my pictures and videos from my Micro SD card after copying them to my computer. Everything else seems fine, but as I said, it is annoying when the software conks out. It did it twice the other day as I was hovering over the beach taping the sunrise, which didn't harm anything, but then today as I was lifting off to fly to the beach and tape the sunrise, at about 45 meters into my climb, BLACK SCREEN! Thank god these things are intelligent and patient! It hovered and waited for me to restart the software. Again, no harm, other than needlessly burning battery and flight time, but annoying. Any known solutions?

I did the update. Now every time I fly, the screen will suddenly go black and the software will close down. I have to then restart the software, very annoying to say the least! Also, since this "upgrade" I can no longer delete my pictures and videos from my Micro SD card after copying them to my computer. Everything else seems fine, but as I said, it is annoying when the software conks out. It did it twice the other day as I was hovering over the beach taping the sunrise, which didn't harm anything, but then today as I was lifting off to fly to the beach and tape the sunrise, at about 45 meters into my climb, BLACK SCREEN! Thank god these things are intelligent and patient! It hovered and waited for me to restart the software. Again, no harm, other than needlessly burning battery and flight time, but annoying. Any known solutions?
Are you also running the latest version of the Fly app?

Well to be honest, it was going off so often where I fly, that I was almost going to turn it off.
I live just east of Dallas and there are lots of plains flying overhead,
So far, this is the only issue that I've had - I'm an Electronic Hardware Engineer, so when something goes wrong, blame the software guys... ;)
Q) How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb? 💡
A) NONE. That's a hardware problem.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just noticed. for Mavic 3, with the new fm update, you can use zoom in quick shot.but in air 2s, it is still disabled in new fm.
You can zoom in Focus Track Suite - Active Track, Spotlight & POI. I was not aware you can in Quickshots and definitely can not in Mastershots or Hyperlapse. All of the zoom changes were specific to M3 main lens.

You can zoom in Focus Track Suite - Active Track, Spotlight & POI. I was not aware you can in Quickshots and definitely can not in Mastershots or Hyperlapse. All of the zoom changes were specific to M3 main lens.
Thanks. since M3 already enabled zoom in 5.1k. I hope Dji can enable it as well in 5.4k for air 2s.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje