DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI releases new firmware update for Mavic Air 2, Air 2S drones

I just bought an Air 2s. I have a Phantom 4p and have never updated the firmware or the App as it flys perfectly. Will I need to update anything on the Air 2s when I get it in a few days? If I don't have to and there's no benefit, I'd rather not.

i would say that there is always some benefit. The issue is if it causes any issues that may affect what you want to do with the system

I just bought an Air 2s. I have a Phantom 4p and have never updated the firmware or the App as it flys perfectly. Will I need to update anything on the Air 2s when I get it in a few days? If I don't have to and there's no benefit, I'd rather not.

Seems like a good question to ask the folks that are issuing the firmware. Not sure how long it may take to get an answer, or if their answer will mean much. But I can share with you that when I bought my first DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo, it became evident only after 2 out of the 3 batteries were bricked, it was likely because not all 3 batteries when first hooked up together at the same time to the charging hub had their firmware updated. That's why when I received my 2nd MA2 Fly More Combo, I manually forced Check for Firmware Updates using each of the batteries one at a time. As far as I'm aware of, the user is unable to query the battery's firmware information; however, the DJI support person did confirm that these 'intelligent' batteries did in fact have their own firmware.

As has been the case with the previous three firmware updates for these drones, the new version focuses primarily on bug fixes and performance improvements rather than adding new features to the Mavic Air 2 or Air 2S.

dji fly app kept shutting off my side to side movements today

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.10.26
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.23.20
  • RC-N1 Remote Controller: v04.12.00.60
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.7.8
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.8

What’s New?
  • Added support for United States RID requirements.
  • Added support for DJI RC remote controller.
  • Added support for Expo Curve settings in Cine mode.

You know what I think would be really cool?

If we could create just a few more committees that do nothing more than go around just sucking all the enjoyment and fun out of life.

That's what I think.

New DJI Air 2S Firmware Released (12/13/2022)

Overview:

• Date: 2022.12.13
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.25.00
  • RC-N1 Remote Controller: v04.12.01.00
  • DJI RC Remote Controller: V01.02.0200
  • DJI RC Pro Remote Controller: V03.01.1200
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.9.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.0
What’s New? • Fixed some bugs.

Reactions: DanJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals