DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI repair center sent me back a refurb unit...

I'd say you got back different AC's. Yours brand new, hubby's a refurb.
You got back your original RC's and batteries.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Perhaps they reflashed or re-installed some core software/firmware that lost the RC pairing.

But would that cause the serial #s on the outbound units from DJI to be different from the inbound?

Hubby's has the letter R as the 10th character in the serial #, but mine does not.

Understood..
My response to your post was:

My post:
'Then its a new one.'
Was in reply to Biswa:
Simmo said:
'It will have an R in the serial number.'
It doesn’t have R . Moreover the replacement drone manufacturing date is newer then the one I had.

I got a refurbished model to.
Get Statefarm
For it for an extra $38 on my plan
When it is stolen lost or broken they give you a check for $1300
(prixe when bought)
So you could use that money to buy a better newer drone I guess

Understood..
My response to your post was:

My post:
'Then its a new one.'
Was in reply to Biswa:
Simmo said:
'It will have an R in the serial number.'
It doesn’t have R . Moreover the replacement drone manufacturing date is newer then the one I had.
Today I flown my replacement bird, it’s much smoother and the picture quality is much better then the one I had. I’m happy with DJI replacement

That stinks it really does. You buy a brand new drone and it doesn't work out of the box and you return it and DJI sends you refurbished. That would not sit well in my stomach whatsoever.When I first heard of this before I really thought it was a joke or misinformation but it's true.Thus the reason why I only buy from a dealer.A dealer will honor anything they sell you plus they usually give you some incentive because you purchased from them. Man, that really sucks and I hope you feel vindicated in some way. DJI has gotten to big for their own liking. !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio